Thread: Playing Paid Games/Demos from the PlayStation Store Network without cfw?

chinesekid is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Playing Paid Games/Demos from the PlayStation Store Network without cfw?

Idk if anyone ever thought of this, but is it possible to play backed up paid games/demos from the PlayStation Store Network without a custom firmware? By backed up I mean using the Sony Media Manager software to back up games from the psp onto the PC and then uploading them for people to download and transferring them onto a psp to play. Anyone tried this?

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Probably won't because a license comes with them which I assume only work with the PSN accounts that downloaded them but I'm not sure.

Also I don't think Sony would make a mistake like that too...

chinesekid is offline -Hacks Newbie

Forgot to mention that there's also a license folder on the PSP where it saves all the product licenses that you've purchased off the games. Is it possible to use other people's product license to play the backed up game? I don't think the psp has the ability to distinguish whether or not you're the owner of that license and PSN accounts are only used to sign into the network store and purchase off products, unless the license has the serial number or key of the psp encrypted in it from the psp that the games were bought on. Maybe the licenses can be edited through a RIF file extension reader(file extension of the psp licenses)?

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Quote Originally Posted by chinesekid View Post
    Forgot to mention that there's also a license folder on the PSP where it saves all the product licenses that you've purchased off the games. Is it possible to use other people's product license to play the backed up game? I don't think the psp has the ability to distinguish whether or not you're the owner of that license and PSN accounts are only used to sign into the network store and purchase off products, unless the license has the serial number or key of the psp encrypted in it from the psp that the games were bought on. Maybe the licenses can be edited through a RIF file extension reader(file extension of the psp licenses)?
    Hmm seems possible but maybe when your connected to the PS3 the PS3 might access the PSP's Flash 2 which I think had to do with liscensing.

And like I said, Sony couldn't possibly make a mistake like that especially after the blunder of making the PSP so hackable.