Thread: Straw pole! Opinions appreciated...

Mr Nerv is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Straw pole! Opinions appreciated...

Have been looking to downgrade my white 1003 PSP for a few months now, it's running Sony 3.95 "OFW".

But I'd like some opinions as to what "CFW" to upgrade to, as there's so many of them!!! Anyone would expect the newer - the better, but in a nutshell for a total "noob", what advice can you caring people give me?

Thanx in advance...

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

This question gets asked everyday. Next time SEARCH before you post. Also post in the right section next time. We have a HELP section for asking for HELP.

5.00M33-6.

tony5607 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nerv View Post
    Have been looking to downgrade my white 1003 PSP for a few months now, it's running Sony 3.95 "OFW".

But I'd like some opinions as to what "CFW" to upgrade to, as there's so many of them!!! Anyone would expect the newer - the better, but in a nutshell for a total "noob", what advice can you caring people give me?

Thanx in advance...

Latest is usually the best.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...hread-t227349/

Clock Work is offline -Hacks Ninja

5.00m33-6 is the latest and greatest but if you want to use your psp to stream videos and stuff from your pc i would try 3.90m33-3 first (you can upgrade easier than downgrading)

just for the record...
    - sony broke the p2p functions that the psp used to have some where around OFW 3.71.
    - 3.90m33 was the last custom firmware to fully support streaming between a pc and your psp
    - pimp streamer was last known to fully work on 3.90m33, pimpstreamer converts and streams almost any video to the psp any where there is wifi
    - although net host does still work for files the psp natively supports, there has been nothing like pimpstreamer ever since

if im wrong about the details please let me know