Thread: best avi to pmp converter

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

Default best avi to pmp converter

hi, i found a converter, avi to pmp v 0.9.5. i have tried xvid4psp, but it takes many hours. pspvc does not work on my pc. so is the avi to pmp program fast? is there any faster program?

i have a homebrew that is reading pmp files with subtitles, something i like very much, but converting to pmp is something i hate beacuse it takes so long. is there any other better option?

is this right forum?

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

I use avi to pmp, it takes a long time which is why I either convert overnight or convert and do something else while waiting.

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Use a lower profile in XviD4PSP.

If you don't mind hardsubbing, you can also convert to MP4s. (I personally prefer hardsubbing if your content has styled subs)

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

fo some reason the program crashes when i am trying to hardcode subtitles and convert to mp4 format. and i have noticed that the pmp player is using lesser battery. so i like pmp more.

how long does it take for a avi to pmp converion on a 2 hour movie? my prosessor is an amd 1.54 ghz(not much, isn't it? got it when my dad got a new one, but i wish a new one for my birthday, more powerful), but i have plenty of ram(512 mb)

sorry, how did i double post? can a moderator delete the one above? sorry

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenShan View Post
    fo some reason the program crashes when i am trying to hardcode subtitles and convert to mp4 format. and i have noticed that the pmp player is using lesser battery. so i like pmp more.
    PMPlayer AdVanCe can play MP4s, though I've been getting some issues with fastforward/rewind on longer videos.
    For hardsubbing, try installing DirectVobSub - this'll cause the subs to be rendered in any DirectShow app.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenShan View Post
    how long does it take for a avi to pmp converion on a 2 hour movie? my prosessor is an amd 1.54 ghz(not much, isn't it? got it when my dad got a new one, but i wish a new one for my birthday, more powerful), but i have plenty of ram(512 mb)
    Yeah, that CPU does sound a little old. But anyway, encoder settings do play a big role in speed.
    On my old AMD AthlonX2 4200+ (2x 2.2GHz), I could probably do a 2hr movie using reasonable settings on a single thread in about 1 hour. Assuming you don't have a decoding bottleneck, you should be able to do it in around 2 hours on reasonable settings.

unbricker is offline -Hacks Newbie

Seriously it does take quite a lot of time.I dont know about others