Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex Not releasing a downgrader?

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default Dark Alex Not releasing a downgrader?

This is just something I've been thinking. As we all saw, a month or so ago the gripshift exploit was discovered. a few weeks later, it was found that the creater of the GEN firmwire has kernel acess, after this happened DA got angry and explained he gave it to him, and that he could no longer trust him. So my question... Why is it he hasn't released it, if he has acess to the kernel? wouldn't it mean he'd have the correct files for pandora if he has kernel acess. So I was thinking it's been a few weeks and no word from him. Is it possible he's holding it off, to allow the psp to get better this year, rebuild it's rep. and leave it as fat psps and older slims will be the only ones that will be hackable? Or perhaps sony sent him something?

I mean, otherwise why would he care that someone even released a video showing kernel access?

I've just been wondering this, what do you guys think?

Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Now the downgrader wouldn't downgrade PSP but rather directly install CFW.
    As for why there's no downgrade I'm not sure of the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gunman121 View Post
    Is it possible he's holding it off, to allow the psp to get better this year, rebuild it's rep.
    If you mean the PSP hardware, I wouldn't think so because new firmware already have it patched.
    Last edited by Sparker; 02-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    Now the downgrader wouldn't downgrade PSP but rather directly install CFW.
    As for why there's no downgrade I'm not sure of the reason.

If you mean the PSP hardware, I wouldn't think so because new firmware already have it patched.

No, I meant to allow for more game teams to come in and start working on the PSP again. Because, as we've all seen this year looks really good for the PSP, so what would have happened if he had released a downgrader / pandora for the ta088v3 mother board?
    Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

Blood_breaker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

it more then likley is he has the firmwares without the patch running just fine with the gripshift exploit, but he probably is trying to figure out how the pre-ipl works so he can come out with another pandora....

"the devs saying "we are working on fixing this issue" well i'm working on having sex with Mandy Moore and Britney Spears
    at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen" ~Travisclees~

Furypaw is offline Programmer -Hacks Veteran

Have you ever thought that he might be working on a more sustainable exploit? Like you've heard many times, they have heaps of unreleased downgraders etc, but are saving it for when there are new fixes from sony. Maybe there are things that don't work? IDK, and honestly, he has a life, he can't devote everything to psp.

igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan

Impatient people, just wait for the damn, thing. Don't rush the person who makes the stuff.
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

Chopper City, all day.

suicidealjuggalo is offline -Hacks Member

i concure let the man work or ill never hack mine

Quote Originally Posted by igotapencil View Post
    Impatient people, just wait for the damn, thing. Don't rush the person who makes the stuff.
    Jesus guys, I didn't mean to make this seem impatient, I don't even care about the 3000 getting hacked. I was just making this post to see what people thought.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

I personally hope nothing is released until the end of the year. The reason I say this is for the hope of a better line-up of games for this year and maybe next year. Seems like Sony is pushing this year for that better line-up.

-e-
    btw gunman only you care about your firmware history

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    I personally hope nothing is released until the end of the year. The reason I say this is for the hope of a better line-up of games for this year and maybe next year. Seems like Sony is pushing this year for that better line-up.

-e-
    btw gunman only you care about your firmware history

Umm... That was a bit off topic. I put it there so I remember what firmwires I've been on. But I'm glad you decided your opinion is the same as everyone elses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast