Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sony Service Center

dsage is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Sony Service Center

My PSP just broke, so I plan to send it to Sony Service Center. But then, I have installed CFW on it? Will that be a problem? And, what kind of OFW that Sony will install on my PSP while they fix my PSP? The latest one?

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

They will probably send you an unhackable PSP.

igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan

Do it, they will just send a unhackable one or don't return it at all because you got CFW.
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

Chopper City, all day.

suicidealjuggalo is offline -Hacks Member

what broke on it??

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by igotapencil View Post
    Do it, they will just send a unhackable one or don't return it at all because you got CFW.
    Believe it or not while SCEA, SCEE and what not do give instructions to their service centers. They're not the same operation and while they like to screw you as much as the next guy, theyre not all on a clandestine mission to screw cfw owners. Theyre there to fuck everyone, like mokyrin who sent his in with a cracked face plate only to be told the repair was 120 bucks.

If its an in warranty psp you have a high chance of getting an unhackable only because thats whats in the replacement stack. If its out of warranty you have a 25% chance of getting an unhackable. Its similar to what happens with a PS3 u send it in sans the hard drive and the mail u back a PS3 thats already been fixed.

suicidealjuggalo is offline -Hacks Member

danm im glad i opened mine so i cant get it repaired lol

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Well it's pretty easy to fix them, just look around Youtube for video tutorials to open it, search what's wrong with it... You can fix it for cheap... You need a #00 (Can't remember what company) screwdriver...

EDIT: They redid the tutorials section on AcidMods so it didn't have any of the old Tutorials last time I checked, they may have them now...
    Last edited by Aaron*1; 03-12-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    Potato.

igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports View Post
    Believe it or not while SCEA, SCEE and what not do give instructions to their service centers. They're not the same operation and while they like to screw you as much as the next guy, theyre not all on a clandestine mission to screw cfw owners. Theyre there to fuck everyone, like mokyrin who sent his in with a cracked face plate only to be told the repair was 120 bucks.

If its an in warranty psp you have a high chance of getting an unhackable only because thats whats in the replacement stack. If its out of warranty you have a 25% chance of getting an unhackable. Its similar to what happens with a PS3 u send it in sans the hard drive and the mail u back a PS3 thats already been fixed.
    Thats a rip $120 rather buy a new one, so there is no need for the wait.
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

Chopper City, all day.

dsage is offline -Hacks Newbie

An unhackable PSP? What could that be? PSP with the special OFW? Can Pandora beat it?

The service fee is $89 anyway, not $120.

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Service Fee is 89 dollars plus parts. And no an unhackable psp is just that pandora doesnt work on it. The firmware has nothing todo with pandora working or not. The ipl exploit doesnt work on the last slims made or the new 3000. Gripshift works on the psp's if they dont have 5.03 or higher. Its hard to say if they update the PSP's coming out of the refurb stack or not. Id say theyd have the firmware that was current at the time of refurb and arent touched afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast