Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Get off your butt and buy a game

Emmbee is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Get off your butt and buy a game

I recently picked up a phat psp used from a pawn shop. What a great piece of tech. I promptly hacked it and loaded up on emulators, homebrew, the works. I love it! I also got a few ISO's including GOW. What a great game! The level of piracy with the psp is immense. I have come to this conclusion: We NEED to support quality game developers if we want to see quality games made for the PSP. If you "acquire" a game that just knocks your socks off then go out and BUY IT. You don't even have to keep it. trade it in, sell it on Ebay, whatever. Get it on the companies books as a legitimate purchase. We owe it to the developers. You can do a lot of wonderful things with both the phat and slim psp and get a lot of stuff for nothing. Think about it and get out there and buy a game once in a while.

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Good luck with that.

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

One in the companies books theyr knocking game stop for selling used games, if u buy it then sell it then they sell it to someone looking to save 5 bucks and the company doesnt make any money off that particular purchase. Though one could argue future purchases game stop just puts it simple, used car dealers do the same thing to the automotive industry so get over it.

Two - While this is to everyone if u had said it to me id hit you and call you an idiot. I buy all my console games, not always new but mostly, especially if i wait a long ass time to play it. I own about 10 PSP games and 9 PS3 games, 30 PS2 games and about 50 titles for PS1 though i did sell half of them but i regret it now. I also have a bunch of PC games which i still have all the original packing literally stacked up right next to me as i write this.

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

So people like Rain can support the industry w/ purchases and say 2 other guys besides him will pirate. I've always said this- there are MORE people who don't pirate/hack their P's than those who do, so the industry is fine. Trust me, if it was really suffering they WOULD find a way to combat us. I also think that the sales suffer because wee kids don't buy Sony games as much and thats the backbone of the game sales.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

I say it in every thread like this...

There is a thread like this one every 2 months, leads nowhere, changes no one's mind, leads to pointless discussions and makes me lol, so just for making me lol, keep 'em coming.

I'm not saying don't pirate, all I'm saying is give back once in a while. In the long run we all benefit.

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

I own 4 PSPs now, all imported. No middle-reseller-store surcharges, so I think I gave back plenty man.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Secret Dragoon is offline -Hacks Ninja

I'm just like Rain honestly,
    I buy games, the PSP is the only system in which I have ever pirated from. I have some 100 different titles from the PS1, PS2, PSP, GBA and DS. I tend to but 5-10 games a year in the first place (mostly new).

The problems are Gamestop and Ebay and their used games, their hurting the producers being retailers. It's like farming in the early 20th century. The farmers gave the market inexpensive goods and were paid little. The markets then sold them for more than their actual value. In this case Gamestop is re-selling them and possibly making 2x the value of a game.

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

I'm not going to pay for a shitty game. I'll pay for a good game, but I'm not going to pay for a game I won't even finish.

I think some of you are missing the point. We all like great games. There have not been that many really great games for the psp. The ones that are really great we should support. That's all I'm saying. The game developers won't waste time and money on systems that they believe loses a lot of sales to piracy. We've already seen this in action. Sony appears to be begging developers to give the psp another chance. It's pretty simple. Reward excellence, pirate the rest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast