Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody vouch for DealExtreme.com?

bs
    bs is offline -Hacks Member

Question Can anybody vouch for DealExtreme.com?

Hey guys,

I couldn't take it any longer, I gave in and bought a 2000 Slim (JAPAN BABY!)

So while i'm waiting for that to be posted along, I figured I better prepare and order a pandora battery asap. I'd have a go with making my own but I'm lazy and like the idea of a 'manufactured' pandora.

Yada yada, has anyone ordered from DealExtreme.com?

Would you recommend them again?

I was going to go with PSPPandora but the shipping costs more than the battery itself heh? DE costs ~USD$1 more but they do worldwide free shipping.

Does anyone have any idea how long it might take for them to ship one to Australia?

Thanks in advanced ^^

(+[]+) 3.90 5 M6 55 G-D
    (+[]+) 5 5 + R+cfwe Temporarily Adopted!

fubarmalone is offline -Hacks Smarty

i can't vouch for dealextreme m8, i did mine myself, but reading through the threads on this site i don't think you will have a problem with these guys

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/P..._EF000536.aspx

fubar
    PSP1000-CFW-5.00 M33-6
    PSP3003-OFW 5.03>ChickHEN(R2)>(m33)
    PS3-(UK)-OFW 2.76-60GB(320GB)

psppens87 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

DX is an ok site. they have good cheap products, but with slow processing and shipping.
    i ordered jan 15 and got half my order march 3. the other half of my order is now out of production and i had to change to something else.
    just hope its here by the end of the month!

fubarmalone is offline -Hacks Smarty

Ouch...!!!
    PSP1000-CFW-5.00 M33-6
    PSP3003-OFW 5.03>ChickHEN(R2)>(m33)
    PS3-(UK)-OFW 2.76-60GB(320GB)

bs

I almost decided against buying from DX because I assumed they were based in the US. I then realised though that they are actually in Hong Kong, or at least that's where you should direct any mail towards for them.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

So I ended up ordering one of those, maybe i'm being a bit optimistic but if i'm lucky I think I maybe even receive it next week as it's only just friday now, funds should clear. Although maybe they're just as lazy with posting to Oceania as they are the Americas..

Now I sit and wait patiently, will my 2000.jp arrive first, or the jigkick?

I'm so excited! (And I Just Can't Hide It!)
    (+[]+) 3.90 5 M6 55 G-D

ak_
    ak_ is offline -Hacks Newbie

I ordered a lot of stuff from Dealextreme and i can say i'm pretty happy with this site (actually, i'm in love with, but i wanna sound serious here). It can be risky to order stuff with small breakable parts because i don't know if they step on the packages or something but sometimes the box are in really bad shape and one time the item was broken (fortunately, it was a gift for my girlfriend and she didn't give a shit anyway ).

Shipping time can be quite long when you choose free shipping, like 3 weeks (i live in France) but it goes down to one week when you choose EMS Express. Free shipping uses normal postal service from Hong-Kong, so you can't expect fast delivery. The weird thing about EMS Express is that sometimes, the more items you order, the less you pay

Anyway, you shouldn't have any problem with a Pandora battery. I'm planning on ordering a few accesories myself soon.

Hope that helps.

R2DMP is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I can vouch for Deal Extreme. I bought my R4, 3in1 GBA loader, and Kingston 1 GB Micro SD memory stick from them. They're legit, but shipping is slow.

Despite slow shipping (which really wasn't as slow as i thought it would be), I couldn't find a better deal anywhere else. Cheap prices/shipping and handling... Nuff said!

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Great site, but not worth ordering w/o EMS. So that said, expect alotta product to reflect the price you pay. Order in bulk so you can justify EMS shipping(100$ or so is what I usually do). They have the cheapest NDS flashcarts that work fine and thats been one of my main reasons to use them. Also great selection of PSP housings.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

bs

Hmm, I didn't go with EMS when I ordered my JigBat because the cost of EMS P&H was more than the cost of 3 of the fats!

I'm waiting to update about DX, it's still somewhere between HK & Aus though

And wouldn't you know it, the 2000 I ebayed turned up today and i'm absolutely stoked. Probably my luckiest purchase, opened up the box and it's in absolutely immaculate condition. Swear it looks better than my brite did and I bought that brand new!

Might have something to do with the OFW 3.90 on the slim ;D

Now i'm tempted to just break open one of my batteries and do the trace-cut method, but my battery from DX is coming,..some day! kEEEEEN!
    (+[]+) 3.90 5 M6 55 G-D

Melan is offline -Hacks Newbie

I bought from dealextreme last month. Ran into some "issues" the first time around cause I ordered things just after their New Years. I ended up cancelling my order which took less than a week to get a refund, and then reordered something smaller since I no longer had a need for a pandora battery.

Took about 2 weeks to get my pouch/strap and protective screen(I live in California). I say it's worth ordering from them if you're in no rush, but if you need some things sooner then I'd look elsewhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast