View Poll Results: Without Iso support, would you be as desperate to hack your PSP?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- unlocking more features always gives me a bone.

35 71.43%
  • No- because I'd still have to pay for the #1 feature after all the trouble.

14 28.57%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If CFW didn't allow isos, would you...

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Default If CFW didn't allow isos, would you...

And be honest here. Given the majority of us does pirate, there's no point in trying to look cool and noble if you aren't. Vote annonymously too if thats what you prefer, I just want to see results.

<< Blog, clicky ckicly!

igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan

Not that desperate anymore. Don't play the PSP that much anymore.
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

Chopper City, all day.

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

i didint buy the psp for psp games. there just a bonus. i bought it for the emulators

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Hmm, what if CFW didn't allow any game piracy and only extra lil apps and plugins? This puts roms alongside isos. Also PS1 falls under isos as well.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Broadus is offline -Hacks Neophyte

No PS1 or PSP games? Ew.
    But PS1 games don't play as ISOs, you convert them. Though I guess they do start as ISOs.
    Man. I dunno', I have two PSPs, a 2 GB memory stick in each. I use one PSP for movies and music (and books on tape), and the other PSP for games. I use the the movies/music PSP for two-player games, otherwise I'd just have one PSP.
    If I couldn't play ISOs, I must say that my playing of the PSP would drop dramatically. When I first got my PSP, I bought games without even playing them: Field Commander, Untold Legends, Medal of Honor Heroes, Star Wars Battlefront 2... All garbage! And most PSP games are like that, you have to try them first, you can never assume they're good. I got lucky with SOCOM Fireteam Bravo, and that was only because it had online multiplayer, which really blew my mind when I first played it. Single player mode sucked.
    I don't know if I would get the PSP if I couldn't play ISOs, I wouldn't know what games were good and what games weren't. Plus, I couldn't have made my Star Wars Battlefront 2 mod, to make that piece of junk game into something decent.

Though I think I should point out that I first bought the PSP without knowing anything about ISO-playing, or without ever intending to play ISOs on it. I just assumed it would have a big library of awesome games that are actually worth buying like the PS2 does.
    Last edited by Broadus; 03-27-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Secret Dragoon is offline -Hacks Ninja

There are good PSP games to use as ISOs? Whaaat?

I don't care, I emulate and use Homebrew more than I actually play PSP Games.

Broadus is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Dragoon View Post
    There are good PSP games to use as ISOs? Whaaat?

I don't care, I emulate and use Homebrew more than I actually play PSP Games.
    Yeah that's true, there aren't too many games worth taking up the space required to make them an ISO. I would say that I like it for the homebrew and the emulators, but I rarely use the emulators or the homebrew at all. I just like to emulate Gameboy Advance games and I can't think of any homebrew I decided to keep after playing it.

cadams82212181 is offline -Hacks Smarty

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, PSPTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It's better to have the homebrew capabilities rather than nothing at all

deep6ixed is offline -Hacks Smarty

i have only downloaded one iso for the psp: puzzle quest and i owned it on nds and figured id try it on psp to see if it was better. deleted it 30 mins later.

i downloaded ff8 and mgs for the psx, i own the games but it was faster to download the isos for me than try to make an image. my desktop with my burner was down and my laptop didnt have the software i needed.

now you can say i pirate using emulation, but lets be honest, where the hell am i gonna find SNES games in good condition for a decent price (most of the games i emulate are collectors items) i dont think nintendo is losing money for me playing illusions of gaia...

i bought my psp when i found out i could use homebrew emulators using the tiff exploit, then later gta lcs...

edit:
    the way i see it an average psp iso is around 900m to 1g
    or about 1500 nes game
    or about 500 snes game
    or about 75 gba games

ill take the emulators.....
    Last edited by deep6ixed; 03-27-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: edit: just thought of this
    CLICK HERE FOR THE ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast