Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More PSP2 news?

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default More PSP2 news?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris James
    Whether it's labelled the PSP 4000 or the PSP 2, there's been a lot of rumour recently about an imminent successor to Sony's handheld console. There's also been a lot of talk about how Sony might react to the competition on offer from the phenomenal success of Apple's iPhone and iPod touch.

Unsurprisingly the console manufacturer has been comparatively mute in both cases, denying the existence of a PSP sequel and any threat from Apple. However, having spoken to an insider source – who's not Dave Perry, but is a developer working on the new hardware – we can reveal that the new handheld will arrive before Christmas and will be far more similar to the iPhone than the current device.

Like Apple's newcomer, the PSP 2 will be a compact device with a large touchscreen. However, where Sony's machine has the edge is when the touchscreen is slid open as it reveals familiar buttons, D-pads and – praise the Lord of Handhelds – dual analogue controls.

This new format should allow for both existing hardcore console titles as well as simpler touchscreen games along the lines of those currently available in the App Store. And like the App Store, (and in the absence of UMD), the games will all be available for digital download via the PlayStation Store.

Although this hasn't been confirmed, our speculation is that Sony's initial plans for a small upgrade to a PSP 4000 model have since been accelerated by the success of the iPhone and arrival of Nintendo DSi.

As yet those are all the details we have, but we understand the full specs and pricing will be unveiled at E3 in June.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/P...ws.asp?c=12612

More rumors? or the truth.

Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

slacker1987 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I doubt it would come out that soon... We'll just have to wait and see until E3 though...

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

i havn't had my psp long enough for me to be happy with a whole new hand held coming out to replace it..

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Well as soon as the next psp comes out, as long as it isn't just an upgrade like the brite, I'll get it...
    Potato.

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

I'm still sick of PSP2/PSP4000 rumours.

gold2040 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

unless we get a definitive press release I think it's pointless posting all these rumous
    PSPDosbox ---> Compatibility List
    Want to contribute, PM me

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by gold2040 View Post
    unless we get a definitive press release I think it's pointless posting all these rumous

Just wait till E3 or another big gaming expo thing. It's there where the developers will announce things

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by gold2040 View Post
    It gives us something to talk about.

I think that it has a slim chance of being true, mainly because of the new release of the DSi and all it's new features compared to the aging PSP that hasn't changed too much since the 1000 series, just integrating the microphone you could buy and making it slimmer, whereas the DS got an entirely new overhaul where it dropped the GBA slot, slimmed down, added not one, but 2 cameras and it's all new interface. Then, for some odd reason, people are praising the iPhone as being the next generation in gaming which I find to be rediculous, I own an iPhone and I know how Apple boasts that 10,000 apps or whatever for it on the app store, but the truth is that most of the apps are checkers, tick tack toe, and tilting your iPhone to make a ball bounce around the screen. Nothing ground breaking like god of war.

Anyways, it's time for Sony to listen to the fans and release what they really want in their hand held.

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Quote Originally Posted by p0op View Post
    It gives us something to talk about.
    Yes it does, except for the fact that this has popped up millions of times and even more if you combine it with the PSP 4000 rumours.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke View Post
    i havn't had my psp long enough for me to be happy with a whole new hand held coming out to replace it..
    Says the noob that hasnt had a psp since 2005/2006

Personally I think its time for a new psp and not just a remodel. Just imagine what Sony could do now with the tech available now. I would buy one whether it was hackable right away or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast