Thread: Question about fake memory sticks.

superredsoxfan7 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Question about fake memory sticks.

I happen to of bought a fake pro duo memory stick mark 2... and it got me thinking how can people get away with selling them and not get in trouble for selling fakes? Mine has the label sony and mark 2 on the card and i still cant believe it's a fake.

Summery: How can people get away with selling fake cards using the sony label on the card?

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by superredsoxfan7 View Post
    I happen to of bought a fake pro duo memory stick mark 2... and it got me thinking how can people get away with selling them and not get in trouble for selling fakes? Mine has the label sony and mark 2 on the card and i still cant believe it's a fake.

Summery: How can people get away with selling fake cards using the sony label on the card?
    they take it apart and screw with the insides, so it looks legit.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by superredsoxfan7 View Post

Sony is the victim of counterfeiting and copyright infringement, as are hundreds of other well known brand names.

For every high end brand, you can be sure there's a "knock off" you can purchase somewhere, either on the web or from some street vendor.

It's difficult to combat. There are thousands of vendors that sell counterfeit products, either knowingly or unknowingly.

The product certainly isn't advertised as "fake" or "counterfeit", and Sony can't stop it initially from being sold on ebay or any other site for that matter.

They rely on the consumer more than anything else to report the purchase of counterfeited product.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-i...243&mdl=PRS500

lizzie01 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Sorry to hear about that, mate. I have been fooled before, most of the times non-PSP related. What's important is that you are not the one fooling someone for money and getting away with it (it they can), and that it could have been worse.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by theEvilOne View Post
    they take it apart and screw with the insides, so it looks legit.
    It's also easy to fool many [especially tourists] who don't know how to distinguish between a real and fake card.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Sentray is offline -Hacks Smarty

I know that you are asking a simple question, but please try posting in the correct section which is the HELP section...

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sentray View Post
    I know that you are asking a simple question, but please try posting in the correct section which is the HELP section...

I'm really getting tired of you and your comments.

He's not asking for help with his PSP, it's a general question regarding counterfeit memory sticks.

If it was a help topic, it would have been moved to the help forum.

Once again, mind your own business.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sentray View Post
    Why help? Its more of a chat topic really but since its in regards to the psp its in general. Makes since to me.

I personally avoid ebay for any kind of memory card. I usually get them at local stores on sale or on reputable websites such as buy.com. At least that way you know you are going to get genuine and if not you can return it without hassle.