Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas of what Sony should do for PSP2 or even current PSP.

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default Ideas of what Sony should do for PSP2 or even current PSP.

Alright going to be listing a few personal opinions of what Sony should do. I'm sure many people have made these posts but i have a few to add.

As we've seen the PSP has been pretty successful selling over 50 million PSP world wide.
    There's over 500 titles to play (I dunno something close, if there's less add the ps1's with it). New games still come out even though sales have been a bit lagging. I'm not one of those people who thinks the PSP is dieing, However i don't think it's in the greatest shape ever. Some people blame piracy and CFW for "the psp dieing." That can be true / false. Those who counter the idea state

"Every console has piracy look at the DS"

Well that is true, but then again look at the DS. over 100 million sold, games can be produced very cheap and you have a younger market who often buy games not knowing how flashcarts work. Pokemon has basically milked their series for years now because of this fact. It also has a touch screen which for hatever reason fascinates people beyong all belief?

As for the PSP piracy, people always say "oh shut up, only like 10-30 % have a hacked PSP." To be honest, that may have been true before, but I truely don't believe it anymore. Look how easy it is to hack the PSP. especially with new exploits still being found. Developers have even stated in official reports that it's hard to pitch game ideas for the PSP. Profit just isn't that good. We can go on arguing about if piracy effects anything or not. Both sides has points, but that's not the point. Let me move on to future ideas.

~Future of the PSP~

1. *Sigh* Add a touch screen. As much as I hate that idea beyond all belief i feel that it is indeed needed. Why? Look at how Shitty machines have sold extremely well because little kids are so fascinated by touch screens. Also take a look at the ipod touch... What the hell? Sales have increased so much on the ipod touch. It def has a powerful processor but the PSP can do everthing that it can do except the touch screen... So tell me.. Why do people by a more expensive machine that the PSP can do everything it does(besides touch screen.)
    Answer:
    1. The PSP needs a touch screen to show it can compete
    2. Advertisements- I have not seen as many PSP commercials that i used too. The PSP needs to advertise what it can do. Show people how cool it is. I also sugest sending them out to celeberties to show them, that's a great way to get them popular. People follow fads that their ''idols" do.

2. Bring Sega in. Since Sega left the game market with the Dreamcast. People have been wanting a portable Sega dreamcast. Why not sony sign a deal with Dreamcast to port games to the PSP, or use emulation technology to play it. I'm a very novice programmer, but i think if sony was able to get the ps1 emulator to work at full speed, they should be able to do it with a dreamcast on the psp(If not PSP2).

3. Allow a homebrew dev kit. This way people have the ability to create their on apps.

Conclusion: The new psp would have a touch screen that appealed to kids. The psp would also have games now that played PSP, PSP2, dreamcast and ps1. What a variety of games! Dev kits would be available so people had the freedom to do what they wanted (obviously making iso loaders would be left out)

I have alot of other stuff i wanted to add but i have to go.

Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

2 - You can't just "bring sega in"

2.5 - The PSP only emulates the Graphics chip there for very easy todo. The R4000 is instructions set compatible with the R3000 from the PS1 emulating the PS1 was pretty easy.

3 - They need to get on the ball with this for PSN, even microsoft has a program for the 360/xna. The PS3 now has a much cheaper devkit and the least they could do is do this for psp as well.

FInally, don't bother making hardware suggestions. Waste of time theyve already made their decisions and were getting late reports from companies who where asked their opinion.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

if they make a new psp
    keep the system the same but
    add a few thing
    DUAL analog stick(with TRUE analog for ps1/psp games)
    better dpad and buttons
    maybe rumble (can be turned on/off in setting menu)
    tilt, like on the iphone (for games LocoRoco)
    touch screen, like on the iphone
    Full wifi, (all type of wifi and all security types)

they can make addon for
    rumble (can be turned on/off in setting menu)
    tilt, like on the iphone (for games LocoRoco), there is a kit that can do this
    Last edited by Ryu; 04-12-2009 at 08:58 AM.

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I would love for there to be a slight rumble, like in the middle right below the screen. Dual Analog sticks, of course. iphone-like gyroscope accelerometer for tilt controls, make games like locoroco more fun. Touch screen, maybe. A third-party app area of the PSN store for homebrew made by devs using the PSP developer's kit.

gold2040 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

port Final Fantasy X already along with a few select PS2 games
    PSPDosbox ---> Compatibility List
    Want to contribute, PM me

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports View Post
    2 - You can't just "bring sega in"

2.5 - The PSP only emulates the Graphics chip there for very easy todo. The R4000 is instructions set compatible with the R3000 from the PS1 emulating the PS1 was pretty easy.

3 - They need to get on the ball with this for PSN, even microsoft has a program for the 360/xna. The PS3 now has a much cheaper devkit and the least they could do is do this for psp as well.

FInally, don't bother making hardware suggestions. Waste of time theyve already made their decisions and were getting late reports from companies who where asked their opinion.
    I knew all that. Obviously they can't just bring them in. But i had to leave in 5 minutes so i had to sum everything up. What i meant is get a partnership going. I meant to add on alot more but as i said.
    Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Sony may try a VC system on the PSP
    http://news.cnet.com/sonys-psp-virtu...-in-the-works/

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Sony may try a VC system on the PSP
    http://news.cnet.com/sonys-psp-virtu...-in-the-works/
    wonder what games we can see on there...

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88 View Post
    wonder what games we can see on there...
    a bunch of shit we can already play on our PSPs.

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Touch Screen =DO NOT WANT

I really don't want a touch screen PSP... I know it's the main thing about the DS but devs use it really gimmicky and when it wouldn't be needed...

Tilt functions for in the XMB (like when listening to music) NOT IN GAMES... Will be used gimmickall as well, unless of course, like Ryu said, you're talking about Locoroco...
    I want:
    Dual Analog (proper dual analog)
    Larger screen
    Smaller console (possibly like that fake concept image with it flicking up like a slide phone)
    BETTER SPECS!! (THIS IS A MUST HAVE)
    Better WiFi... The PSP is crap for it's WiFi compared to newer devices...
    Rumble (With on/off)
    Potato.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast