Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dille: Sony "confident" in PS3 plans, PSP piracy is "sickening"

List3 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Dille: Sony "confident" in PS3 plans, PSP piracy is "sickening"

Dille: Sony "confident" in PS3 plans, PSP piracy is "sickening"
    Posted Apr 21, 2009 at 07:03PM by Karl B. Listed in: Interviews Tags: QJ

Sony's Peter Dille has claimed that they are confident in their 2009 strategy for the PlayStation 3 home video game console, both in pricing and in content. When asked about price cut calls from some third-party developers, Dille said the following:

We have a big event every year called Destination PlayStation. All the third-parties attend; all the retailers attend. We don't have the press there for a reason -- because we want to be very candid in our plans and not have sort of the implication of having the PR aspects to those conversations.

When we lay out the plans to those folks there -- I think it might be fair to say that some people came into Destination PlayStation curious about what our plans were.

I think they all left really fired up about the year ahead because, once they understood what our plans were, we didn't hear any of that grousing that you're talking about -- certainly not from the folks that attended.

Dille also touched on piracy, a constant problem plaguing Sony's PlayStation Portable handheld console. Calling the situation "criminal", Dille admitted that piracy has taken a big chunk of Sony's PSP sales and pointed out that it's not just Sony who's being affected:

It's not good for us, but it's not good for the development community. We can look at data from BitTorrent sites from the day Resistance: Retribution goes on sale and see how many copies are being downloaded illegally, and it's frankly sickening. We are spending a lot of time talking about how we can deal with that problem.

To curb the piracy problem, Sony is opting for "multi-pronged approach". Legal measures will be taken, of course, but Sony also wants to educate PSP owners on just how bad the problem has gotten:

...hopefully we can have a multi-pronged approach -- it's going to require legal; it's going to require education. I think gamers, if they understood if this meant that a platform would go away, can we convince gamers to pay for their content?

Seems Ps3 owners arent such a big fan of piracy......

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Well dumbass (meaning Dille) the PS3 isnt hacked yet and the psp games mostly suck. I downloaded Resistance and thought it another shitty fps game and deleted it after 20 minutes of playing.

gregerson316 is offline -Hacks Guru

I played Resistance for about 3 weeks. But the point is, I cant afford it in the first place. Im living on a tight budget and raising 2 kids, kinda hard to spit up $40 every time for a game.
    WHERE WRESTLING MATTERS!

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

yup.
    just another speal of crap.

all gaming platforms that are hacked have piracy issues yet they still make money to continue.
    and ya, make a decent game and people will purchase it.
    no different then the music and movie whiners saying piracy is a problem, make a cd with more then 2 good songs on and 12 crappy filler songs and it will sell.
    reminds me of the movie the dark knight, great movie made 300 million in 3 days, all said and done it will make hundreds of million more, boo fuckin hoo, ppl downloaded it, didnt seem to hurt their pocket books......
    try before u buy.
    when ps3 is hacked it will be the same story.

Stalvros is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

people don't just download games because its free.
    (Though probably that is the MAIN reason)

For me, i love cwcheat and dont think you can use that with official firmware >_<
    Also, some UMD would lag so bad as compared to when the iso is played~

b18c4 is offline -Hacks Newbie

talking about piracy i once lived in the east side of the world where piracy was a common issue for consoles including the playstation, SNES, dreamcast, gameboys, anything.

frankly speaking i dont see how much piracy has affected their consoles back then... infact, consoles which has been hacked seems to have a bigger market share then their rivals.

List3 is offline -Hacks Newbie

"QUOTEs FROM QJ"
    ------------------
    "psp piracy is getting out of hand, i have a hacked psp, and love it, but we could honestly do without the piracy, thats why im hoping this new approach with games like patapon2 will be more successful of avoiding piracy."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...hopefully we can have a multi-pronged approach -- it's going to require legal; it's going to require education."

I think sony might actually have some balls and go after all thoe pirates. I actually feel a little bad for sony. They`ve actually tried pretty hard lately to get people to buy a psp and to revive game sales for the devs but they keep getting shot down by piracy, lose dev support, and alot of money with trying this.

Its pretty bad and many piraters wonder why they don`t get anymore good games or support. Its mainly because of them (not that used game crap especially with PSP piracy #'s and most are arrogant bastards who wouldnt wan't to ever admit it or dont give a damn because theyre getting free games. Nothing is free and sony`s about to go lawsuit an all of thier cheap asses.

Just wan`t to say that ive really havent downloaded any games after realizing all of this. hopefully but doubt others will see this."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Also. As for. "OMG THE PC ISN'T HAVING TEH PROBLEMS." The PC isn't just gaming, dumbass, and ontop of that, the amount of PC users are pretty much far more than any next gen system combined.

Aside from that. I'm sure you've heard of the major decline in PC game sale and that PC gaming is actually going towards downloadable games due to too much piracy?

Truthfully though. The PSP is a great system and the greatest portable. I emulate all on the PSP except for PSP ISO's. People say how much the PSP sucks and how it doesn't have the boatload of shovelware that the DS has and complain about it. These are the same people that pirate all the games.

If you're pretty much any gaming company. Are you going to want to develop for a system where the majority of people are just going to steal the games rather than purchase them? So the reason that the PSP isn't as big as it could be is infact because of the pirates, then they ***** and moan about the system having fewer games released than any other."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    END QUOTES.
    -------------
    Piracy is an issue with every system, but mostly the psp think about it... Theres a fortress of shit that other systems simply cant do. But truth there hasent been a good psp game out for ahwile why? It would be on the net either before the release date or exactly on... If DAX would of kept the iso feature to himself we would still have our homebrew and it would be like it was before isos could be played on the psp.
    Last edited by List3; 04-22-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Super_Jedi7 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I usely download games just to try them. However lately there haven’t been many that interest me. Also not all iso are pirated some are backups. For instance I bought lumines ironically to downgrade my psp (way back before Pandora). In fact I bought about 4 games. The argument could be made I would not of if my psp was hacked then but I did. I made a backup to play off iso of the games I alredy owned first. iso is much faster than of the disk. In some games loading times are over 2 times faster or almost non exsinant. Also my friends who don’t have hacked psps buy games and they let me borrow it a day then I can make a backup. While that’s pirating in the fact I didn’t buy it, they still did.
    Last edited by Super_Jedi7; 04-22-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    UMM lol I forgot WHAT picture WAS HERE...

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

fail thread is fail.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

To people who say they buy there games pics or it didnt happen.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast