Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Illegal.

Joshie is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default Illegal.

Hacking PSP are illegal since the term "hack" is in law, I believe. If anyone finds out that people hacks the psp, it is trouble. Now I am curious, how you guys get away from even hacking PSP?

ATTENTION! My PSP information: PSP 1001 black (Phat): 5.00 M33-6 CFW - 4GB Sony original memory card.
    My Hacking Tools: 3.6v 1200 mAh genuine pandora battery tool and 2GB magic stick.
    KillYourBoredom.com | ATVAddict.com | FishingAddict.net | JoshiesWorld.com

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Joshie View Post
    Hacking PSP are illegal since the term "hack" is in law, I believe. If anyone finds out that people hacks the psp, it is trouble. Now I am curious, how you guys get away from even hacking PSP?
    I get away because I have two psp's for when the cops come by my house one that is hacked (I hide it when they break into my place looking for evidence of hacking) and I show them the unhacked one everytime, those fools.

also,

one of the biggest facepalms.jpeg ever.

Spoiler for big #1:

Spoiler for big #2:
    Last edited by Fd!; 05-04-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Argeoff is offline -Hacks Ninja

Exclamation

wow fd are u kidding ? O.O the cops actually to your house to search for your hacked psp ?

-.-'

yes, they come to my house looking specifically for hacked psp's every couple of weeks.

wh1tef@ng is offline -Hacks Titan

in here, cops cant do a thing about hacked psp
    3 necessary things to do to be fit everyday
    Sleep
    Eat
    Xercise

just to make sure, whenever I say something and use the facepalm.jpg, I'm being sarcastic.... ¬¬

Dilligaf is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Enthusiast

Hacking/modifying a PSP is NOT illegal. I can't even remember the amount of times this has been brought up over the years...

"Hacking", in the technical sense, is not even illegal either. In fact, the original definition of hacking is to make something do what it was not originally intended to do, and was actually never frowned upon to begin with. Unfortunately, with people unlawfully gaining access to other people's computers and stealing information and data, the term of "Hacking" has become only known as something illegal.

Besides, we pay for the PSP. It is therefore ours to do with what we want. And yes, Sony do know that there is a whole community out there that modify their PSP's to run homebrew and ISO's. But if you think of it from their point of view, it's actually more money for them; do they lose money if somebody pirates a game? No, the game manufacturers do. Do they lose money if somebody runs homebrew on the PSP? Hell no. Homebrew is even more incentive for people to buy a PSP in the first place, yet because of copyright laws, it is within Sony's best interest to place security measures on the PSP, otherwise the game manufacturers would try and sue Sony for lack of protection of copyrighted materials on their portable console.

/post

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf View Post
    Hacking/modifying a PSP is NOT illegal. I can't even remember the amount of times this has been brought up over the years...

"Hacking", in the technical sense, is not even illegal either. In fact, the original definition of hacking is to make something do what it was not originally intended to do, and was actually never frowned upon to begin with. Unfortunately, with people unlawfully gaining access to other people's computers and stealing information and data, the term of "Hacking" has become only known as something illegal.

Besides, we pay for the PSP. It is therefore ours to do with what we want. And yes, Sony do know that there is a whole community out there that modify their PSP's to run homebrew and ISO's. But if you think of it from their point of view, it's actually more money for them; do they lose money if somebody pirates a game? No, the game manufacturers do. Do they lose money if somebody runs homebrew on the PSP? Hell no. Homebrew is even more incentive for people to buy a PSP in the first place, yet because of copyright laws, it is within Sony's best interest to place security measures on the PSP, otherwise the game manufacturers would try and sue Sony for lack of protection of copyrighted materials on their portable console.

/post
    Yes more money from them, but then they lose developers and by the next gen they have nothing. AKA Sega. By the way everything you explained, is what happened to the PSP so by your def it is illegal.
    Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

suicidealjuggalo is offline -Hacks Member

who would realy go door to door looking for hacked psp's? even if they do how many people would know the difference between a hacked psp, and one thats not? i think law enforcement is way more concerned with acts against public safety then some petty nerd chillin in their room looking for the latest homebrew. if ''modifying'' your psp was illegal i doubt this site would exisist
    PSP Slim 2001 5.50 OFW TA-088V3 Unhackable And Its Broken Now So I Wont Be On For A Long Time So Hopefully The 3000 Will Be Hacked By The Time I Get Me A New PSP

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Joshie

Sony can't track a homebrew enabled PSP...

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf
    I can't even remember the amount of times this has been brought up over the years...
    Too many times..

Downgrading and installing custom firmware is illegal.

You are modifying your psp through hardware and software means not authorized by Sony.

You are breaking copyright law. You are in violation of their copyrights.

Now matter how you look at it, it's still an illegal act.

Sony has provided you with your PSP (hardware), and the PSP's OS (firmware), which is copyrighted code.

By installing custom firmware on your PSP, you are circumventing encryption, security, and the authentication mechanism for the PSP system.

That's copyright violation, which is illegal.

Just because you don't get caught and Sony isn't actively enforcing their rights and isn't taking you to court doesn't make it legal.

"You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of such tool to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PSP™ system."

This sentence alone makes downgrading a PSP an illegal act.

"To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code."

Same here.

Enforcing the law is a different story.

A company whose copyright has been violated (infringed upon) may pursue relief. These remedies, however, require the copyright holder to actively enforce their rights. There are no "copyright police" that enforce copyrights without the right holder complaining.

Homebrew, CFW, and sharing anything from PSP's flash is illegal, but hard if not impossible to combat. Sony is not going to go around and sue every single homebrew user.

The only thing Sony can continue to do is to implement new security to combat it, or send out their threatening
    "Cease & Desist" letters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast