Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need some help choosing which to buy

emo_mike is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Need some help choosing which to buy

seems like the more i think about it the more confused i get... i'm looking at purchasing a psp, i'm just not sure if i should go for a phat or a slim 2000. both of them are already modded and i've talked to both guys about the price and it's basically the same.

the phat is the bronze one that came out in japan.
    comes with a 2gig.
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ131417866

the other is a slim. http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tag/1188601123.html
    the slim comes with a 4gig memory stick

if you guys were in my position which would you choose? i know that the 2000 comes with 64mb ram, but does that make that much of a difference?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

if u want to drive to newmarket ill sell u a phat psp for $100

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

i am sure that is not the answer he wants.

it's depending on what you are using it to. the slim has much more ram and can be faster in web browsing, game startup... but the phat have ir port, heavier and feels more stable...

if you can't choose, think what you are going to se it for. and do you need much memory stick space?

thanks for the reply guys!

i'm thinking having the ir port would be kinda nice, but i'm not sure if i'd take advantage of it all that much.

what do you mean when you say that the phat one feels more stable?

the ram would be nice and it seems to be a little tougher finding a modded slim...

hmmm gives me something to think about, but any other opinions are welcome!

billy_assasin is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well i know theres quite a few appications tat use the ir port for difefrent stuff, me personally i have the psp slim 2002 model moded up thaks to darren for helpin me but id say ive seen the phat, wasnt too impressed by it, the ir port u can use for aplications, soe make the psp act like a remote for controlling all sorts of household applications tvs etc, u have more space in the phat if u move on to moding up ur psp when it comes to eads and transparent housings etc....if u search for this ull get want i mean, the phat motherboard like people mentioned is a bit slower when handing some of the guis, the slim being faster....i absolutely love my slim and hasnt given me any problems so far but liek people say figure out what it is u really need it for, look around ad see what best suits u, i use the phat psp for experimenting lol oh and the slim is less thicker, with a smooth polished feel, it has the lan switch at the top and looks pretty nice...but anyways hope ull make the right decision in the end...

billy_assasin is offline -Hacks Newbie

oh and emo make sure there not selling fake memory cards, theres loads aout there, the 4 gig one looks good but i gota feelin, make sure sure u can check the memory card has magic gate enabled, u can do this if u turn ur psp on , go to any memory stick, press options via triangle and just go down on details....its should say tehre whether it supports magic gate...some applications can give u a probem when it comes to that...

thanks for the info everyone! i think i'm starting to lean towards the slim version.

hmmm, i didn't know that you can run into problems if it doesn't support magic gate. i'm looking at getting a cr-5400 with either 2x8 or 2x16gig. are there problems with running with this sort of mem card?

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

iv had no problems with my cr-3100. i still have that phat in good condition to sell. and its pre hacked

just looking at the pics of the bronze.... the bronze one looks to be a slim version... can you guys confirm this?

O'Saurus is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Where's the pic? If the speaker holes are up higher on the sides of the screen, it is a slim/2000. If the speaker holes are low down on the unit, the PSP is an old 1000/phat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast