Thread: Need a new PSP, which one to buy? Advice needed

megman6 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Need a new PSP, which one to buy? Advice needed

I own a PHAT PSP at the moment. The X button is wearing down. It doesn't have that "bounce" feel any more. So I am thinking of buying a new PSP. However, I don't know which one to get as there's slim2000 & slim3000. I have not been keeping up with PSP for a while since PHAT works great with all ISO & Custom FM. I know the PHAT had different boards. Can someone here help me out? Can I install custom FM on slime2000 & slim3000? I came across some reading that slim3000 is not hackable with the newer firmware? Thanks in advance.

Found my own answer. It seems like slim2000 is hackable for FW4.01 & below and this applies to both board revision of TA-088v3 or TA-090. higher firmware than 4.01 may be hackable in near future due to the new tiff exploid. psp3000 is not hackable, period. This sounds about right?

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

if the psp comes with 4.01 or higher outa the box then its unhackable via pandora. use ChickHEN to get cfw on them. 3000's can only run homebrew

wh1tef@ng is offline -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by megman6 View Post
    Found my own answer. It seems like slim2000 is hackable for FW4.01 & below and this applies to both board revision of TA-088v3 or TA-090. higher firmware than 4.01 may be hackable in near future due to the new tiff exploid. psp3000 is not hackable, period. This sounds about right?
    its not 4.01 and below... it shud be 3.95 and below
    3 necessary things to do to be fit everyday
    Sleep
    Eat
    Xercise

Correct. 3.95 & below is ok.

So if slim 2000 comes with 4.01 an up, I can still install custom FW with ChickHen and then play ISO? So sounds like PSP3000 is the one not to get but any slim2000 should be ok to by and install custom FW & play ISO games?

PSP-BELLA is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i myself have the same problem, i like being up to date, so i think of getting the new PSP-3000.. and think it will be hackable later on .. but who knows !!

so i am a bit confused too