Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: with the launch of the psp go...

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Default with the launch of the psp go...

do you think that devs might start releasing games bigger then the old 1.8gig bottle neck?

the could have always done that ever since sony started the psp store and psn titles, but now with the psp go it would seem like there could be more motivation.

however while writing this i just thought.. who really wants to download games that big? (other then.... well... u know. )

tony5607 is offline -Hacks Veteran

That would explain the 16 gig built-in flash memory.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Hopefully there will be a PSN game backup app for your computer so then you don't have to re-download games when you run out of space, instead they are copied to your HDD

slacker1987 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

That's a good point. Hopefully this does mean something more than 1.8gb.

I can't help but think PSP-MMO... probably just me. Of course, a lot of other games over that limit could be justified by multi-UMD's, if they're linear anyways.

It probably won't happen, as I would like to think Sony wouldn't try and alienate owners of older models by releasing something exclusive to the Go.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by slackbabbath View Post
    That's a good point. Hopefully this does mean something more than 1.8gb.

I can't help but think PSP-MMO... probably just me. Of course, a lot of other games over that limit could be justified by multi-UMD's, if they're linear anyways.

It probably won't happen, as I would like to think Sony wouldn't try and alienate owners of older models by releasing something exclusive to the Go.
    Did you forget that you can use a pro duo in the older psp? Even if they came out with a game that was 3GB the phat/slim owners could still get it so they wouldnt really be alienating any psp owners.

Don't insult my intelligence.... Did you forget that not everyone has an internet connection?

I meant alienating the older users by not releasing something to UMD. Not by the space constrictions. Maybe I should have said exclusive to the PSN rather than exclusive to the Go.

Don't insult my intelligence.... Did you forget that not everyone has an internet connection?

I meant alienating the older users by not releasing something to UMD. Not by the space constrictions. Maybe I should have said exclusive to the PSN rather than exclusive to the Go.
    there are already psn exclusives, so people without internet are already forgotten.

I mean something massive and popular. Not just mini-games... those are more like perks for buying crap from the PSN on your PSP. I mean, like if Gran Turismo Portable was going to be download only.

I mean something massive and popular. Not just mini-games... those are more like perks for buying crap from the PSN on your PSP. I mean, like if Gran Turismo Portable was going to be download only.
    yea i know what you mean...
    there is however that one game. patapon 2 i think...

err... btw... wtf do people see in that stupid ass piece of shit of a game?
    i played the demo for the first one, got pissed that i wasted my time. wanted to kill my neighbor cause i don't know who they are, kicked my dogs (i hate them damn things..) and got in a fight with my Siamese cat. (got my ass kicked... damn claw hurt like a mother...)

anyway. that rant about stuff that didn't actually happen is my way of saying the game sucked.. why do people like it. is the whole world going completely fkn insane or something?

(pata pata pata LAME)

bs
    bs is offline -Hacks Member

Sorry to intrude on your fine discussion, I haven't read all that much into the PSP-GO but I did read a little bit about how Sony aren't discontinuing 3000, instead it will still be available along with the GO.

Forgive my foggy mind (W&B!) but what exactly does this mean for the future of UMD?

I would've assumed that they'd still be releasing new titles on UMD for those consumers that don't want to buy the GO? Or is the trend to migrate all software sales to PSN?
    (+[²°°°]+) 3.90 » 5·°° M³³·6 » 5·5° G-D·²
    (+[³°°²]+) 5·°¹ » 5·°³ + «R²+cfwe³·³°» Temporarily Adopted!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast