Thread: Need opinions on which PSP to get

kotsumu is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Need opinions on which PSP to get

I'm getting a little confused with all the PSP types etc. and I'm not really sure what I should get.

I am deciding between a 2nd PSP Phat that has a TA-82/86 motherboard and a new PSP Brite. Now I'm concerned about how much each PSP can be hacked.

I'm not sure what I should choose TA-82/86 the CFW firmware that can actually "sticks" in the console or PSP Brite which I still have to launch (such a hassle) and also can PSP Brite add custom themes from CXMB? If I get a Brite I might just get an unhackable firmware version probably? Brite has so many new things such as microphone and Skype though...

Just how much can a TA-82/86 be hacked compared to PSP Brites?

Please give me some of your opinions to help be choose the best PSP I can get. Thanks

Last edited by kotsumu; 06-19-2009 at 05:57 AM.

PSP-BELLA is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

get the brite one... i got mine 3 weeks ago and now i can do whatever i want with it..

it's a hackabale.. u only need to lunch some app thu... but i enjoy playing, watching movies , readings ebooks ... and its screen is better than the old ones if u have noticed..

msn , skype etc ... so why to wonder ??!!

Masteroid is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Errrr... Ummm... NO WAY! Get the PSP thats not a PSP 3000 (the brite) because the brite will brick way easyer than the others and you can just unbrick the others. END OF STORY. and btw, only the PSP Fat doesn't have skype.

Cant get enough of LittleBigPlanet? Come to the LBP Forum!!!

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PSPnoObmOd View Post
    Errrr... Ummm... NO WAY! Get the PSP thats not a PSP 3000 (the brite) because the brite will brick way easyer than the others and you can just unbrick the others. END OF STORY. and btw, only the PSP Fat doesn't have skype.
    It doesn't brick any easier than anything else as long as you know what you're doing and don't **** with the flash 0. Though you do have a point--it can currently only be UNbricked by Sony, who'll send it back to you with the latest, greatest, and most unhackablest official firmware that they've got.

That being said, I <3 my hacked PSP3000 (which didn't brick), and the improvements to the screen are great. The glare reduction and the changes to the color settings make a world of difference, and the speakers seem better than the 1000. Just don't get it with anything later than 5.03 firmware!

Of course, you can always go the middle of the road and grab a 2000; as long as it doesn't have 5.50 or 5.51 firmware you can work with it. Doesn't have the 3000's screen, but it should have most of the other improvements and the older ones ought to have motherboards that are flash-able and Pandora-able. The 2000-3000s also have MUCH better d-pads than the old 1000s, the 1000s can't register diagonals worth a damn.
    Last edited by Lourde Incarnadine; 06-22-2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

AllHailDietmar is offline -Hacks Newbie

I would get a 2000 and wait till the 3000 is completely hacked. That's what I did and the price difference was only $10. I'm very happy with what I have now (white Star Wars psp2k 5.00m33), I don't really see the difference with the 3k.

kotsumu is offline -Hacks Newbie

In the end, I got a 1001. I figured that I could install Undiluted Platinum since CFW detecting games are coming out. I'll just bug a PSP Go when it's out.