Thread: Can HEN & CFWEnabler brick your PSP ?!!

PSP-BELLA is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Exclamation Can HEN & CFWEnabler brick your PSP ?!!

I just was wondering if using ChickHEN R2 and CFWEnabler brick the PSP ??

Because I see some people saying if you brick your PSP using HEN & CFWEnabler !!

Can they actually brick it ??

Masteroid is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yes they can! chickHEN has, say a 20% chance of a brick when using it for, like PSP home brew that dodgy and flashing files with result in a brick. I have heard that CFWEnabler has more chance of a brick, so say it has a 60% chance of a brick. And also using CFWEnabler with chickHEN = 100% chance of a brick, so be careful. My friend has been using the GEN cfw for chickHEN on his psp3k and has had no issues so I think chickHEN and the GEN cfw for it is your best bet when it come to NOT bricking.

Cant get enough of LittleBigPlanet? Come to the LBP Forum!!!

I am using ChickHEN R2 with the CFWEnabler , and it never brickes my psp ...

how come they brick it when they r used together ?
    PSP-3004 >>> 6.20 PRO-B5

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PSPnoObmOd View Post
    Yes they can! chickHEN has, say a 20% chance of a brick when using it for, like PSP home brew that dodgy and flashing files with result in a brick. I have heard that CFWEnabler has more chance of a brick, so say it has a 60% chance of a brick. And also using CFWEnabler with chickHEN = 100% chance of a brick, so be careful. My friend has been using the GEN cfw for chickHEN on his psp3k and has had no issues so I think chickHEN and the GEN cfw for it is your best bet when it come to NOT bricking.
    why are you telling him lies? the only one i have heard bricked the psp was because he didn't read how to use it.

if you are using it right, the bricking chance is below 0%.

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenShan View Post
    why are you telling him lies? the only one i have heard bricked the psp was because he didn't read how to use it.

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenShan View Post

I never believed what he said bcoz he is nick name presents his knowledge of PSP hacks
    PSP-3004 >>> 6.20 PRO-B5

undead_knight is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by PSPnoObmOd View Post
    using CFWEnabler with chickHEN = 100% chance of a brick, so be careful.
    Tehe I'm defying the odds (was are many people)

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

yes, there is a slight 0.0001% chance of a brick as there is with simply updating official firmware from Sony. Unless u do something dumb such as remove the power/battery in the middle of the flash...

bricks are coming from NOOBS trying to perminatly flash CF to the unhackable motherboards even through in bright red capital letters everywhere it says not to....

as for HEN and CFW, they are perfectly safe, pspNOOBmod, dont give out false info if u dont have any hard evidence to back it up.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BCman View Post
    yes, there is a slight 0.0001% chance of a brick as there is with simply updating official firmware from Sony. Unless u do something dumb such as remove the power/battery in the middle of the flash...

bricks are coming from NOOBS trying to perminatly flash CF to the unhackable motherboards even through in bright red capital letters everywhere it says not to....

as for HEN and CFW, they are perfectly safe, pspNOOBmod, dont give out false info if u dont have any hard evidence to back it up.

BCman , thnx for showing up on my thread ... i am using them actually , but i was surprised at some people telling other noobs not to use them hack their psp's ...

so I wanted to make it clear for other noobs not to panic at all and hack their psp asap
    PSP-3004 >>> 6.20 PRO-B5