Thread: An Idea!

Decius is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default An Idea!

Don't we all have them?

Anyways, This is an idea I had back when OE was still a popular CFW :p. I had an idea to take the PSP's internal wifi card and some how (with the help of drivers) use it as a networking device on a Windows Platform.

To help you better understand basically turn the PSP into a Wireless dongle as you will that could pick-up wireless signals.

Now I know the psp's wireless card isn't the greatest to pickup wireless signals but the reason I would wonder if this could work is because say your at your home pc, Then all of a sudden your internet cuts out? But you remember the neighbors next door has an Open wireless network and you badly need to save your work you just finished or wanted to do some surfing in the mean time while waiting for the net to kick back in, Simply plug in your PSP fire up the Application and connect the psp by USB and let it scan for a signal then have the packets transfer over to USB for the PC to pickup.

Is it possible to manipulate the PSP's internal WIFI card to output it through the psp's USB port to a PC to be used as a Network device?

If you don't think its possible, Point me to some programming guides.

but2002 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    Don't we all have them?

Anyways, This is an idea I had back when OE was still a popular CFW :p. I had an idea to take the PSP's internal wifi card and some how (with the help of drivers) use it as a networking device on a Windows Platform.

To help you better understand basically turn the PSP into a Wireless dongle as you will that could pick-up wireless signals.

Now I know the psp's wireless card isn't the greatest to pickup wireless signals but the reason I would wonder if this could work is because say your at your home pc, Then all of a sudden your internet cuts out? But you remember the neighbors next door has an Open wireless network and you badly need to save your work you just finished or wanted to do some surfing in the mean time while waiting for the net to kick back in, Simply plug in your PSP fire up the Application and connect the psp by USB and let it scan for a signal then have the packets transfer over to USB for the PC to pickup.

Is it possible to manipulate the PSP's internal WIFI card to output it through the psp's USB port to a PC to be used as a Network device?

If you don't think its possible, Point me to some programming guides.
    I do think it's possible.. I mean people have I/O software for using the PSP as a joystick, and another to make the PSP a second moniter. >.>

Decius is offline -Hacks Newbie

That's what I was bassing my idea from, Since the new release of PSPDISPv3 I got thinking of how possible it would be to do this?

I mean, It doesn't sound that complicated for someone who can really understand the psp's hardware as well as program.

Mhm, I shall look into this further. It would be a cool idea, Since sometimes I'm traveling and stuff if I was desperate for a wireless signal I could just use my PSP on the PC itself instead of using the PSP for net surfing...

And if someone wishes to take on this project be my guest lol, I'd love to get my hands on something like that mentioned above ^
    Last edited by Decius; 07-11-2009 at 07:16 PM.

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

im sure its entirely possible, but that idea has been posted many, many... MANY, times before and no dev has done anything with it.

honestly, this is a great idea, and if i had more experience i would have coded it. however, coding drivers, and networking are beyond me at this point.