Thread: If sony was to launch the psp GO with an improved media player...

dualkatanas is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default If sony was to launch the psp GO with an improved media player...

How do you guys think it will be implemented? what I mean by that is do you guys think it would be more likely that the updated media player would be released in a universal psp firmware update or would it be more likely to be be psp go only?

I was thinking about it and implementing a new media player for the psp go only would cause some difficulties with firmware updates because the two psp types players would differ calling for seperate firmware updates right? So chances should be good that if they made a new media player the old users would get it too, That, or there will be entirely separate firmware updates... or maybe something else, but I was wondering what you guys think and if any of you know anything regarding the possible firmware differences of the GO or anything about the media player.

Clock Work is offline -Hacks Ninja

wrong place for this... your not really asking for help.

and the go is supposedly going to be the same as the 3000 as far as features, and the phats dont have skype but sony manages to put that update in to the slims without a problem.

PSPftw is offline -Hacks Smarty

I think they will either end support for psp-1000/2000/3000 or have seperate updates for each model

dualkatanas is offline -Hacks Neophyte

sorry im used to asking for help I guess. and that sux, more so than anything else the psp needs a better music player to successfully compete with the major competition like zune and the ipod, well in my opinion anyways.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

S'alright, moved to general.

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

why would it need to compete with the zune or ipod like devices when its main objective is to be a portable gaming device.

PSPftw is offline -Hacks Smarty

I read somewhere that the PSP-GO will have apps (Same as the iPod touch) and instead of having separate icons for Music/Video/Photo they will have a multi-media application.
    Also from what I hear they will make the browser flash compatible so you don't need PSPTube to watch videos.