Thread: snes9xtyl donkey kong country fix

alex2009 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default snes9xtyl donkey kong country fix

ok, Everyone seems to think that this emulator is crapper than it should be because if you leave it on default settings donkey kong country and other similiar games - clay fighter - play very slow and unplayable well here's how you get them playing at full speed.

1.if you load up donkey kong country and wait until the rare symbol comes up, press your HOME button.

2.this takes you into a menu with loads of cool stuff to mess around with. move left until you come to the MISC menu and scroll down to HACKS/DEBUG MENU.

3.after you've entered this menu scroll down to the IGNORE PALETTE WRITES change this option to ON - default is OFF.

4. exit the menu and thats it, donkey kong at full speed. it can happily run at 222mhz CPU as well (the lowest the emu allows)

please post any comments anybody has or if there is any indirect bugs that this causes as I have completed DKC twice already on other machines and have only played the first level to test this out.

regards alex

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

I wonder if this will work with Super Mario World 2. I cant find my power cord right now My gf loves that game but it always lags no matter the setting I put it on.

alex2009 is offline -Hacks Smarty

it only seems to work on the clay fighter, donkey kong games and any other games that use those graphics, the FXchip games run really slow though, i wonder if there is a speed up for those games...?