Thread: PSP SNES-looking buttons

BlueIon is offline Zzzz -Hacks Ninja

Default PSP SNES-looking buttons

I was playing on my SNES emulator and sometimes they say "Use the Y button to..." and I'm always like, which one's the Y button. (I never owned a SNES). Another annoying thing is that x is like the YES button for the PSP but for Nintendo, the circle button is the YES button considering that is where A would be.

So do PSP buttons that have been modded to look like SNES buttons exist? Searched on google images and what I want doesn't seem to appear.

slacker1987 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Well, you COULD just either get used to it, or maybe paint the colors and letter onto your buttons.

But if you're a crafty kinda guy, you can wire an actual SNES controller to the PSP.
    http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200...nes_contr.html

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Or you could rip the buttons out of the SNES controller and magicamify them into the PSP...
    Potato.

That would be hard to do. The PSP buttons (at least on the 1000), are kinda complicated shapes under just the circles. They really fit in there precisely. The way it's molded is almost over-thought lol.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker1987 View Post
    Well, you COULD just either get used to it, or maybe paint the colors and letter onto your buttons.

But if you're a crafty kinda guy, you can wire an actual SNES controller to the PSP.
    http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200...nes_contr.html
    Even I can do what is on that picture. Get an SNES controller and PSP; put the cord behind the PSP and take a pic. I doubt it's really wired to the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron*1
    Or you could rip the buttons out of the SNES controller and magicamify them into the PSP...
    Yeah, that crossed my mind too. But slacker1987 says that the PSP buttons are different.

The only thing that comes to mind is take them off and paint them.

but2002 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Even I can do what is on that picture. Get an SNES controller and PSP; put the cord behind the PSP and take a pic. I doubt it's really wired to the PSP.
    Did you even watch the VIDEO!? Yes, it is connected into the PSP, and yes, it is a working mod, I've done something similar. It's very simple too.

Quote Originally Posted by but2002 View Post
    Did you even watch the VIDEO!? Yes, it is connected into the PSP, and yes, it is a working mod, I've done something similar. It's very simple too.
    It's the same thing as putting in PS2 analog sticks, only less cosmetic modification, right?

but2002 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by slacker1987 View Post
    It's the same thing as putting in PS2 analog sticks, only less cosmetic modification, right?
    It's actually even simpler than analog sticks, as there's only buttons to work with, aka only bridging a circuit per button

Live DD is offline Banned -Hacks Member

the Y and X buttons on the SNES controller were concave, while the A and B buttons were convex. on the psp, all 4 buttons are convex, so even painting them wouldnt give an authentic feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by but2002 View Post
    Oh snap, didn't know there was a vid under the pic. When I saw the pic I just closed the site.