Thread: I think I figured out how to Spoof the FW (For real) but I'm not sure.

Secret Dragoon is offline -Hacks Ninja

Default I think I figured out how to Spoof the FW (For real) but I'm not sure.

All hypothetical but when I ran PSPTool to see what it detected my PSP's FW as I found:

If you see, it says I have 5.00 where I have 5.00 M33-6 shown in system settings. I figure that "5.00 M33-6" is just a spoof that applies to only to the system settings window, and that the physical augmentation of the FW name isn't done in the process. Version.txt also further Spoofs the FW, but only for EBOOTs that look for it when they boot, not ISOs as they look for it in different manners (I'm assuming they look into PARAM.SFO, (or maybe something a bin file in the ISO) and then to a Specific module in Flash0. Perhaps if the exact module is modified (and doesn't result in a Brick I hope) then it would be possibly to bypass later FW checks. Alternatively you could modify the ISO itself, which I would really like someone to teach me how to do.

I was looking for someone to help / verify my hypothesis. Perhaps Rain?

Last edited by Secret Dragoon; 08-05-2009 at 06:46 PM.

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Secret Dragoon is offline -Hacks Ninja

I know right, totally forgot that there are certain .prxs not present that are present in 5.55 <_<.