Thread: Need help, I am complete noob :(

an1sh is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Need help, I am complete noob :(

I am planning to buy a new PSP within a week or so, I just wanted to get familiar with what I should know before I buy a PSP.

Lets assume I am a complete noob who don't know anything about PSP

Where do I start?

Which PSP to get?

I basically want to play games without buying them, and want to have custom effects on my PSP

I also want to fully utilize wifi capabilities without any limit(read>downloading movies/stuffs wherever close I am to a wifi hotspot)

Is there any simple to understand tutorials about what to know about PSP Hackings, please link me here(I can't understand the tutorials in the tutorials section)

Where do I begin once I get the PSP you guys suggested?

What do I look out on the PSP box before buying it(buying a PSP from Canadian Stores-Bestbut/Walmart/Futurecity)

cyboargninja is offline -Hacks Member

dont buy from walmart. youll get one you cant hack. as risky as it sounds, buy from ebay. or gamestop. look on the bottom of the psp. there should be a barcode sticker thats very thin. somewhere, it should have either 100x, 200x or 300x(x being a number between 1 and 4, usually depending on the region) a 1000 model will be a phat, which no matter what, you can hack using the pandora method. a 2000 series psp is a little more tricky. all but i think 2 models can be hacked using the pandora method and if it cant, it can be semi-hacked using chickhen. 3000 cant be hacked unless using the chickhen method and if you buy it brand new, you most likely cant hack it since the firmware will be higher than 5.50. so buy used, preferably from somewhere like gamestop since you will be able to get a good look at it before its bought. but, if you arent concerned with hacking right away, save a little more money and buy a pspgo. youll get 16 gigs of flash memory built in with the ability to add with a memory stick. and, if you buy one early, youll have a base model with a low firmware so the first round of hacking, youll be able to since the firmware wont be too high. also, if you buy a psp 1000 or 2000 thats hackable, i have something you can download. its a premade magic memory stick. you wont have to load any programs from your computer. youll just have to drag the files to an empty memory stick and then boot using the pandora method. then, it has all of the versions pbp files and a program you can used from a hacked psp to load a new cfw to downgrade and programs to convert a normal battery to a pandora and then back again. if the tutorials confuse you or you just need help, pm me and ill help you with anything you need. welcome to the community.
    my e-penis grows stronger with your hate

add to my rep if ive helped you

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Buy a used 2000 series slim and get that pandora'ed or use another exploit if FW version allows.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

i made the mms using psptool and it works. i put the files on my friends stick, booted pandora and it installed fine

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

To ensure your best success of getting a fully hackable psp going used is the way to go. With a phat psp you will have zero worries. I have a slim that I got on release date so I'm lucky that I have a hacked one.

Someone selling a hackable psp here. It just needs unbricked.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f128...lling-t244154/
    Last edited by Jsamp; 08-14-2009 at 10:43 AM.

if you can, buy this one. the one he just posted is almost brand new and just needs to be debricked. if you can find a friend with a psp or just any way to get the stick plugged into a computer, you can just make an mms and since it comes with a pandora, thats one worry out of the way. since youd have to buy used, they wont always be in the best condition. this is a prime buy, plus it comes with allot of stuff and is less than buying a new psp. plus its the GoW edition. ftw

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    To ensure your best success of getting a fully hackable psp going used is the way to go. With a phat psp you will have zero worries. I have a slim that I got on release date so I'm lucky that I have a hacked one.

Someone selling a hackable psp here. It just needs unbricked.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f128...lling-t244154/
    Rockband 3000s are "hackable" and they're all over the place. I don't think there were that many fully unhackable 2000s so best bet is still gamestop. Buy, try, exchange if needed.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

if you do go to gamestop and cant hack it, just say youre having problems with it(make up a reason) and try to get another one. but phat is the sure way to go, its just age and the fact sometimes even the most careful people do something to either physically or internally fuck it up and try to sell it as unbroken. just be careful

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra View Post
    Rockband 3000s are "hackable" and they're all over the place. I don't think there were that many fully unhackable 2000s so best bet is still gamestop. Buy, try, exchange if needed.
    I mean hackable in terms of installing CF and not running chickhen or whatever its called.

if you can semi hack it, you can hack it. its just a matter of time in my opinion. they are close and if you can get as far as they have, you can go all the way. i have no doubt. but, its like most have said; psp psp go is on its way. most hackers will most likely give up on the 3000. but, on the other hand, new shit comes out for slim and phat. it wont be in the limelight for as long, but soon the psp 3000 will be fully hacked. well, just my opinion for what its worth....