Thread: Shouldn't CFW developers move on?

MPO Fan is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default Shouldn't CFW developers move on?

The PSP 3000 has an extremely better screen, more RAM, a built microphone and other features I'm sure you read about, pretty soon the 1000 series will be completely obsolete in terms of features, they will stop being sold in stores causing custom firmware seekers who bought a newer model to be disappointed when there is no way to install CFW on their PSP. What I'm suggesting here is that the big players in CFW should devote more time to hacking the 3000 and newer slims.

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MPO Fan View Post
    The PSP 3000 has an extremely better screen, more RAM, a built microphone and other features I'm sure you read about, pretty soon the 1000 series will be completely obsolete in terms of features, they will stop being sold in stores causing custom firmware seekers who bought a newer model to be disappointed when there is no way to install CFW on their PSP. What I'm suggesting here is that the big players in CFW should devote more time to hacking the 3000 and newer slims.

Dude what time period do you think it is? Every psp model is hackable except the Go! obviously. Seconly the better ram was in the 2000 series as well and that came out awhile ago. Sorry dude but everything you're saying is out of date.

and yes i read his signature.
    Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

MPO Fan is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by gunman121 View Post
    Every psp model is hackable except the Go! obviously.
    Permanently hackable? Do they offer full custom firmware features? What happens when Sony puts PSP 3000's with OFW 5.51 on the shelves?
    Last edited by MPO Fan; 08-23-2009 at 07:15 PM.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Permanently hackable? Do they offer full custom firmware features? What happens when Sony puts PSP 3000's with OFW 5.51 on the shelves?
    They'll find an exploit for 5.51 and it'll start all over again. Just like it's always been.

Kayot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Yea, remember... For hackers, the game is the hacking. The result is what we the users use. Their game ends when our game starts. So long as it's a challenge, the hackers will continue to hack. When it's no longer a challenge, we'll be the ones doing the hacking.
    Those who abide by fate, will be happy.
    Those who challenge fate, will be glorious.

PSP Slim 2001 6.60 PRO B10
    ITT Tech is a scam

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by p0op View Post
    They'll find an exploit for 5.51 and it'll start all over again. Just like it's always been.
    Exactly. When one move on, there's always going to be someone else who takes their place.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Serosis is offline -Hacks Member

Now I could be wrong but isn't the 3000 the only PSP currently being sold in stores?

I mean you got the refurbished 2000/1000 models being sold at used game shops, but I don't think those count.

Now I'm pretty sure there is a damned good reason why there is no "real" CFW for the late 2000 and the 3000 models. Now I don't want to explain the whole shebang so CLICK HERE, HERE & HERE

Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Hai916 is offline -Hacks Newbie

they sell the limited editions psps still
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."-2Pac