Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So guys, to Go or not to Go?

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Default So guys, to Go or not to Go?

So its not yet a "full fledged" PSP, but lets not forget about its raw and potential perks-
    -much smaller and lighter, which I consider a plus when the rest of the functionality is intact
    -16GB internal + a M2 slot, very very nice even stock
    -BT for literally anything. Given CFW and dev interest, keyboards anyone?
    -with some hacking and slashing, perhaps the current batteries can be utilized making it very nice in that department
    -perhaps the USB port can be resoldered thus fixing the proprietory accessory issue(i have a feeling it won't be using all those pins and if so, shouldnt be too hard to find the dummy ones).

Who's with me on this one?

<< Blog, clicky ckicly!

sirtifiedacc is offline -Hacks Member

You must have a lot of extra side money to spend $270 on the Go and be willing to hack it to peices.. when instead you could spend $30 more for a built in Blu Ray Player that plays PS1, PS3 Games, and who knows.. Sony's already patented a PS2 emulator..so i wouldnt cancel that out.. In the end if I had the money I'd be all for the Go..but there are a number of factors that I don't like:

-Digital Games should be, at the least, marginally cheaper than their store bought counter parts, since the digital copy does not come in a case, with a disc and paper manual.. Half the time that is actually what truly holds the value of most games. [ Ex)..go look on Ebay for FFVII in its original case with manual..then search for it with just the discs.. and see the difference in value..]

-The price of the unit, I'm all for Sony..but when you compare the Go's features to its big brother's (PS3)..and then compare the price.. its a no brainer which holds more value. People make it seem like the PSP (Playstation PORTABLE) was never "portable to begin with.. My slim 2000 suites its portable description very well.. BUT what isn't portable is toting the games around with it.. which with the Good Ol' CFW.. depending on how you use that, could alleviate this issue.

-The Micro Mini Card. Fortunately...I'm not clumsy enough to have lost my Pro Duo.. but using those Micro cards.. good luck trying to keep track of them, along with there higher price tag when you zap the 16GB of internal memory up with movies, digital games, photos, and songs.

On the plus side;

+ I am jealous of the Go!s Bluetooth Functionality... but I'm more jealous of the PSP1000s Infared Functionality.. (The slim does have Bluetooth Functionality right?)

+With the upwards demand of Micro Memory Cards for the Go!..we may see a break on the Pro Duos.. as their price has already dropped quite a bit. Albiet it would still be nice to get a 16GB Pro Duo for around the same price that you could find a 16GB jump drive..

Man I feel really openly expressive today for some reason.. i guess its cuz my email buddy isn't at the office today..and i usually discuss this with him. Haha.

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Slim had nothing special save lower power requirements thus longer life on extended or even fat batteries and noticeably lighter weight. 3000 added a mic, big friggin whoop.

So internal 16, BT (stereo BT anyone?), and 40$ lighter than a Slim sounds spiffy enough to me.

As far as PS3 vs Go, already have a ps3. Back when 1000 came out, it cost more than a ps2 so thats hardly an argument really. For example, I never buy bluray and I really fancy portability vs another plastic brick dusting at home when I'm not.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I already pre-ordered mine when Amazon started taking orders way back.

I have 2 PS3's already so I'm really not bothered that it is close in price to the slim.

Get a Go.
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

I have mine preordered at gamestop.

we gotta do some game sharing when you get yours eff, i'm buying GT PSP and possibly MHFU if its on the US store by then

I know someone with MHFU on disk, so depending on the good will program I might get it. I want GT PSP, but I want damage on my cars...I might get LittleBigPlanet, but again depends on how good they make it.

soooo? we gonna sharezzzzy then?

Maybe. I don't know how long it will be before I buy a game. I was thinking of using it as a media device in the beginning.

Cheap skate

i'll be buying a couple of AAA titles, might get the two I mentioned and hold out for some shares with someone who buys LBP or MG: PW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast