Thread: About the GO and tethering bluetooth for internet...

dualkatanas is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default About the GO and tethering bluetooth for internet...

A while ago I read that it was a possibility that the GO may be able to tether into your phone through bluetooth, then use that network giving you internet on your psp anywhere. I noticed that this is indeed included in the 6.00 firmware but I have some questions... First, what are the requirements? I noticed people saying things like a 3G network is needed. I dont actually know what that is but is this true? and if so, what major providers offer 3G on their network? The other question I have is: is the internet distinguishable from normal wifi? Is it any worse? Slower? less available features? I guess the real thing I want to know is would I be able to play games online through a tether?

And to get it out of the way I DO have a bluetooth enabled phone and its connected through the Metro PCS network.

All help is appreciated

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

3G or HSDPA can be up to 14.4MB per second though that depends on the modem/phone and signal (also by the amount of people all using the same broadcast tower at one time, the strain causes lag)

Not sure what speed the bluetooth will transfer at though. To find out if you have a 3G connection call your provider, also make sure your phone can act as a BT modem. Most importantly check their prices for 3G data usage, they can be a fortune on some contracts.

I'm all set, I have Virgin HSDPA and a W910i and a 5GB allowance, I already use it as a BT modem occasionally for my netbook.
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Google my friend, answers every question. You asked some horrible basics that don't have much to do w/ the PSP itself so go look them up.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

dualkatanas is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Ha, I guess I did, I am actually a very avid user of google. I usually answer 9 out of 10 questions I have with google but I think asking people was the better way to go in this instance. Was this the right place to ask these questions? Not so much, but that was more of an accident than anything anyways... So sorry I guess. Maybe move it to the off topic section then?

Oh and thanx btw

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

There was no problem asking here, it is a PSP related issue and a fair question
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684