Thread: Why there will be no 6.00 M33

whitelightnig is offline -Hacks Newbie

Post Why there will be no 6.00 M33

this is coppied from the comment I posted somewhere in here. (search for "white") please correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt this how it happened? sorry I'm too lazy to re-write this instead of just copying and pasting it.

lets make this short. DAX did not simply “quit”. remember back when people were experimenting with the GripShift exploit? remember how HellDashX had a working kernel exploit for it, but Alek accused him of stealing the exploit from DAX? well, that exploit just happened to be DAX’s “ace in the whole”, so to speak. that exploit was the only reason DAX was able to make so many CFWs. it was an exploit present in EVERY single OFW. he never publicly release this exploit because if he had Sony would have patched it. now skip forward a few weeks. remember ChickHEN? sure you do. well, it just so happens that the kernel exploit used in ChickHEN is the same exploit that HellDashX almost released. so.. whats that have to do with anything?

well, once ChickHEN was released, Sony immediately patched it. remember OFW 5.05? yeah, you do. and remember how HEN didnt work on it any more? what happened is that Sony patched DAX’s only way of exploiting the FWs, thereby making him unable to make any future CFWs. he was understandably pissed about this, and basically said “fuck it. you guys are on your own”. (except, you know, in spanish) so you can blame that fag who released ChickHEN for there not being a 6.00 M33 (or GEN, because we all know they just hex edit that shit)

Last edited by whitelightnig; 09-12-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: to make it funnier

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

if that's right then I don't blame the guy
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

chAosDaJuggalo is offline -Hacks Ninja

Hackers find DIFFERENT exploits/holes in OFWs, then Sony patches em'. like the MOH exploit on 5.50? was it? thats more often the reason for an update from sony, than anything else it seems. To stop hackers. To help resolve this problem, dont update. hang out on w/e FW you got till hackers have a good working exploit, upgrade to whatever hackers say you need to be on to get it to work, then CFW that piece. get 2 psps if you have to. One for OFW an one for CFW, if you can. then you can play the new UMDs an access the PSN and still have a hacked psp for everything else

whitelightnig is offline -Hacks Newbie

chAosDaJuggalo, I can tell by how many times you used the word "hackers" that you really dont know how these things work. first of all, its not as simple as waiting for "hackers" to find a new exploit. these things dont just come along as time passes. if you'd been following the scene since the beginning, you would have seen this. and now it really looks like we're getting to the end of this whole FW "war". second of all, that MOH "exploit" was nothing at all. I wont go into detail why, because if you really thought that had a chance at doing anything important at all then whats the point?

and your ideas to "resolve" these problems? well, staying at the same, old, hacked FW doesnt get anybody anywhere, what with all the new games requiring updates. and buying 2 PSPs? thats just impractical. I mean seriously. not everybody has the money to buy another PSP or the money to spend in the PSN, which is why an up-to-date CFW is so important. (see what I'm hinting at there?)

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnig View Post
    chAosDaJuggalo, I can tell by how many times you used the word "hackers" that you really dont know how these things work. first of all, its not as simple as waiting for "hackers" to find a new exploit. these things dont just come along as time passes. if you'd been following the scene since the beginning, you would have seen this.
    Iv seen the scene, i understand whats up, and the "hackers" i refer to include team Gen and DA. are they not hackers? I say dont update, meaning to OFW unless you have a pandorable psp. I can install OFW 6.00, BUY the new games and Play them on my slim, pop the battery out an back in, hold L, and "test M33". These things do "just come along as time passes" when your not the one doing all the work. Every FW is a little different than the last, which is why you have to update to 5.03 for the Tiff exploit to work (aka ChickHEN) and is why it stoped working on 5.50. as holes are patched new holes are made. they just have to be found and exploited. BTW all exploits started with a simple "hello world" then progressed to what we have now, So w/e on the MoH thing. it didnt work out, oh well. someone will find another exploit, and sony will promptly issue a FW update to deal with it. look what happened with 5.03. some people updated past it before they knew that a HEN was working on 5.03, and now they cant go back............ im done typing

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnig View Post
    lets make this short. DAX did not simply “quit”. remember back when people were experimenting with the GripShift exploit? remember how HellDashX had a working kernel exploit for it, but Alek accused him of stealing the exploit from DAX? well, that exploit just happened to be DAX’s “ace in the whole”, so to speak. that exploit was the only reason DAX was able to make so many CFWs. it was an exploit present in EVERY single OFW. he never publicly release this exploit because if he had Sony would have patched it. now skip forward a few weeks. remember ChickHEN? sure you do. well, it just so happens that the kernel exploit used in ChickHEN is the same exploit that HellDashX almost released. so.. whats that have to do with anything?

well, once ChickHEN was released, Sony immediately patched it. remember OFW 5.05? yeah, you do. and remember how HEN didnt work on it any more? what happened is that Sony patched DAX’s only way of exploiting the FWs, thereby making him unable to make any future CFWs. he was understandably pissed about this, and basically said “fuck it. you guys are on your own”. (except, you know, in spanish) so you can blame that fag who released ChickHEN for there not being a 6.00 M33 (or GEN, because we all know they just hex edit that shit)
    ...wow, the only need for an exploit is to open the gateway to running unsigned code. there are 2 gates however, the gate of user mode, and the gate of the kernel. ChickHEN's kernel exploit would have stopped there being a full on cfw installer released for later fw. but not on w/e fw it runs on, 5.03.

as you seem to think that dax needs some exploit to create custom fw for already custom fw psp, let me correct you by saying your very wrong.
    well, kinda, he does really on one bug on sony's end. the old cpu's pre-ipl was buggy and had a loophole that allowed for an unsigned ipl to run. at least if i remember correctly. that is the ONLY exploit needed for a fully functional bootable custom fw.

also, as far as the security of the official firmware that attempts to prevent there being custom modules loaded... dax trashes that with a little help from his own custom ipls that let him load his own custom modules that allow him to fake a normal status to the original fw modules that perform the security check.

tl;dr, sorry but i hate people spreading incorrect information. your simply wrong.

Hehe.

Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke View Post
    as you seem to think that dax needs some exploit to create custom fw for already custom fw psp, let me correct you by saying your very wrong.
    well, kinda, he does really on one bug on sony's end. the old cpu's pre-ipl was buggy and had a loophole that allowed for an unsigned ipl to run. at least if i remember correctly. that is the ONLY exploit needed for a fully functional bootable custom fw.
    You are correct. The exploit in the Pre-IPL is all anybody needs to make their own CFW.
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33