Thread: How are Transcend mem sticks?

Cpt.Jeff is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default How are Transcend mem sticks?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...211342&bop=And

Im looking between these. I ordered 2 Sandisk microSD from newegg but they havent arrived. Upon reading the reviews, a few people stated the card is actually Class2 although the picture shows Class 4. If it doesn't arrive today I can call Newegg and get a refund then order 2 new cards instead.

The Transcend card looks real nice and its a Class6 which the Kingston isn't. Im combining 2 with the 5400 in my PSP and the Kingston Class 4 actually have great PI. Im really debating on these cards in the link. Any opinions/experience?

reluttr is offline -Hacks Newbie

I got the transcend 8gb for my phone and I must say its fairly decent. I haven't had any problems with it after like 5 months of use.

HyperHacker is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

Back when I did DS stuff (which was when all the flash carts used CF and plugged into the GBA slot) I bought an 8GB Transcend CF. It crapped out with in a month. I RMAed it and the replacement did the same thing. I went through four before I stopped even bothering and just sold the replacement (since naturally they didn't even know the meaning of the word "refund").

The same DS/cart worked great with other cards, so I'm sure it was their crappy flash memory (no wonder it was so cheap <_<).
    >> PSP-2001 running 5.00m33-6, 4GB Lexar memory stick

Dangy is offline -Hacks Smarty

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18576

Says class 4, but people say the speeds are class 6. I'd go with this.

PSP Fat - 5.00 M33 (Great condition). - Selling Soon.
    PSP 2k - 5.00 M33.

The no name card in that link is temporarily sold out.

Thanks about the Transcend information man! I think I may just go with the Kingston 8GB Class 4 card.

Let me ask this, The difference in Class 4 and 6 and etc is mostly for write speed?

I don't plan on constantly taking things on and off the card. I will probably fill both cards and leave them like that for 2-3 months then delete a few games and replace them. I just want two cards that don't lag up my games. Info?

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC...Card---Class-4

Im checking this out which seems to be the Kingston stick used in the CR-5400 thread netting around 400 PI.

I never ordered from a site overseas however so Im not sure what kind of delivery time and cost I am looking at...ugh.

Im ****** at Newegg right now...

or check out these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183244
    Last edited by Cpt.Jeff; 09-16-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HyperHacker View Post
    Back when I did DS stuff (which was when all the flash carts used CF and plugged into the GBA slot) I bought an 8GB Transcend CF. It crapped out with in a month. I RMAed it and the replacement did the same thing. I went through four before I stopped even bothering and just sold the replacement (since naturally they didn't even know the meaning of the word "refund").

The same DS/cart worked great with other cards, so I'm sure it was their crappy flash memory (no wonder it was so cheap <_<).
    Possibly their CF cards had shitty QC, never had any problems w/ their SDs. Even bulk generic cards are fine if bought locally (bring back exchange).
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!