Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Possible 5.55 LDX-M releasing soon?

MistPhoenix is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Possible 5.55 LDX-M releasing soon?

I was reading up on a cfw5.55 LDX-M at various psp sites and this one seems to be possibly a real cfw. Team LDX is mentioning that this firmware, that is currently in Beta stage, cannot play 5.55-6.00 fw games, but when the full firmware is released, it will be able to play the mentioned firmware games.

http://www.mcpsp.com/psp-ozel-firmwa...eta-cikti.html

The site is in Turkish so either use Google Translate to translate from Turkish ->Eng or auto detect it.

Also on the site there is a mentioned release date of the Full version:
    The FULL VERSION OUT DATE: 24/09/2009
    which in this case will be tomorrow. I am hoping for some good news and finally a usable cfw unlike the recent fakes we have seen, but this one may be one too. There is some videos on youtube that shows the beta version being installed on 550GEN-B2 which is the required fw in order to install LXD-Beta. The install worked and the psp was running in the LXD firmware. However, the memory stick was incapable of being accessed and the Internet Browser could not be started, which resulted in not showing off some possible 5.55 games running on the firmware, but also at the fact that the fw is not capable of running them in the beta build. Don't get your hopes up guys, I am hoping for a new firmware to allow access to the newer games as well, and I am only bringing this information to inform of a possible new firmware.

The full version is mentioned to be able to do the following:
    -LXD VSH MENU(basically same vsh menu except w/ game categories)
    -LXD Recovery Menu(recovery with some added features)
    -Able to play PSX Games
    -Iso and Cso games can be played 5.55 and 6.00
    -All plugins work
    Source link:
    http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmw...ased-not-fake/

Youtube video on the source info page as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVbn...layer_embedded

If you visit the source page and read the article there as well as comments, you will see that many claim for this to be a fake. The thing is, is that this firmware was installed on 5.50GEN-B2 and after installation it returned back to the XMB and ran on its firmware not GEN-B2. Besides the fact that the mem stick was not accessible at that time(beta version video) I believe that if the Full version is *real* than we might have a usable firmware.

Last edited by MistPhoenix; 09-23-2009 at 12:28 AM.

whormongr is offline -Hacks Newbie

I guess there is going to be no choice but to move off of the m-33 cfw when these come out, I like the sys. update on mthe m33 network... kinda going backwards not having it in new cfw

until m33 or DAX decides to jump back into the custom firmware scene, we will probably have to rely on Team GEN or some other team's firmware that is stable enough to use.

I am hoping that this is true nevertheless, been waiting to try out Persona

CSM101 is offline -Hacks Member

it requires gen to require because it's a hybrid, not a true "custom" firmware. a good portion of it is direct cut and paste of gen modules.

My tutorial for converting psx games to psp->Here<-

Masteroid is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yea, but, chickHEN uses a lot of m33 modules and so on, so there may very well be some truth in this...

Cant get enough of LittleBigPlanet? Come to the LBP Forum!!!

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

LDX is fake custom firmware. All it is a hex edited 5.50 GEN-B. When comparing modules, they add up to be the same as 5.50 GEN-B.

http://www.mcpsp.com/psp-ozel-firmwa...tml#post132766

LDX doesn't even do half its job of allowing you to play games that require 5.55.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

read the homepage people
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

Thanks for the find demonchild, those pics very well show that this may not be real.

Well the supposed full version should be out tomorrow(9/24) so I'll look around some more and if I find it, I will test it myself(I have a phat w/ mms and pandora) so that we will know if this is really real or fake. I will also try to load up a 5.55 game(probably Persona) to see if it plays on this firmware and will post a video of it from the installation, to the XMB accessibility, to 5.55 or 6.00 gameplay.

SamAsh07 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Haha lol, visit the mcpsp link given above, the last 2 screenshots,
    one that shows vsh menu and the other that says "PSP software is version 5.55"
    now look at the dates, vsh menu screeny 21st sept while the 5.55 one 19th sept, could be suspicious but its rather odd

cyboargninja is offline -Hacks Member

im skeptic. ill wait for a few good reviews to even THINK about putting it on mz psp.
    my e-penis grows stronger with your hate

add to my rep if ive helped you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast