Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The EBOOT.PBP and DAT files in the GAME folder

Reamer is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default The EBOOT.PBP and DAT files in the GAME folder

Yes i am a noob to you experienced assholes that know you was too at some point and i know there is a possibility that this will be put in the noob post hall of fame but frankly i dont give a rats ass. i just dont want to have to read through 10pages of "you're a stupid noob" to find one non-smartass answer to such a simple question. also im not posting this to be lazy, ive searched on here and through google, and i have read the guide to google (great post btw) and still came up with nothing so i dont want a link to it or people telling me to use the search function.

Okay, now that i have made that clear, i just downloaded a PSone game from the Playstation Store (the original Rainbow Six to be exact) and noticed that inside the folder with a bunch of letters and whatnot that the game was installed to the is 2 files, a document DAT file and an EBOOT.PBP. I know that PSP's without CFW cannot run ISO's but what is keeping someone from uploading these files in a zip file and it being able to just copy straight to the PSP? if i had an extra PSP then i would just try it for myself and see what happens but i dont. and i realize that a PSone game from the playstation store is probably not compiled the same way an original PSP game is but that still doesnt exclude the rest of the PSone games available on there.

also, im sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum but i wasnt sure which one it would best fit in since there doesnt seem to be anything related to it around.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

you CANT just d/l the eboot and put it on you psp FOR FREE

the ps1 eboot(and anything off the PSN)
    has DRM
    license files
    also they need to be the activate to the PSP

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

HyperHacker is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

The games are encrypted with a key unique to each PSP. Others won't be able to read them.

document.dat is the instruction manual, and EBOOT.PBP is the game.

If you have CFW you can rip your PSX CDs and wrap them in the PSX bootloader, so they'll play on PSP. I don't know much about the process but I doubt this method involves any encryption. Of course without the encryption OFW will refuse to load it, but CFW won't care.

Further reading of possible interest:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signature
    Last edited by HyperHacker; 09-30-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Wiki links
    >> PSP-2001 running 5.00m33-6, 4GB Lexar memory stick

thank you both.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

If you really searched you would have found out the information those experienced assholes posted above was accurate and you wouldnt have made this thread. Deep down inside of your heart you really do give a rats ass dont you?

Im just messin with you. Belated welcome to -hacks you 4 post noob

lol, fair enough.

fella is offline -Hacks Neophyte

"the ps1 eboot(and anything off the PSN)
    has DRM
    license files"

So why can't the DRM be removed?

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

All of these keys, licenses and what not are what encrypt the download. The only way to remove it is to do the opposite of encrypting which is decrypting.

Which means you have to crack the encryption sequence, pattern, etc.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Its not like DRM for Windows media files but more like the type of encryption ssh uses. Basically as hyperhacker said the games are encrypted with a unique key for each psp. This encryption has not been cracked yet. I believe its 128 bit key but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Sykomagnetik is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Using PSP GO!

Having the PSp go only allowed to DL games From PSN Store would it be possible to trade games with ppl by just copying the game folder and license folder then either saving it to a usb flash drive or hosting it on a filesharing site for others to Dl will this work if thats the case i have games if ppl want to trade

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast