Thread: PSP Firmware Update (v6.10)

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Default PSP Firmware Update (v6.10)

PSP Firmware Update (v6.10)

Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations
    Hi Everyone,
    PSP update (v6.10) will be available soon. This is a big update for us in preparation for the launch of PSPgo. New PSPgo owners should make sure to download the update to ensure full compatibility with MediaGo and with all PSP titles. Here are some of the key features we’ll be introducing:

SensMe
    SensMe channels is a new music application for PSP that uses Sony’s proprietary 12 Tone Analysis technology to evaluate music tracks that have been imported from Media Go application on your PC to your PSP. The application automatically categorizes the tracks into 12 channels such as “Relax” or “Newly Added”. Check out the walk-thru demo to see how it works.

Media Go Enhancements

In addition, PlayStation Store for the PSP and PSPgo via Media Go (v1.2) will be updated with a new look on Thursday, October 1. To access PlayStation Store, you need to download Media Go (or update Media Go if you already have it). Media Go is a free PC software application that allows you to easily organize and transfer music, photos and videos between your PC and PSP. It also allows you to access PlayStation Store and to purchase, backup and restore PSP games. Of course, you can always access PlayStation Store directly on the PSP and PSPgo by connecting to a wireless hot spot and simply logging in with your PlayStation Network ID. But for those of you who prefer to use a PC, you will see that downloading games, movies and TV shows for your PSP is easier than ever with the new PlayStation Store on Media Go. With this update, you’ll be able to export playlist onto the PSP. Go to us.playstation.com/psn/mediago to download Media Go and for more details.

Tethering
    Another new feature is the ability to use a bluetooth mobile device, such as a mobile phone, as a modem to connect your PSP system to the internet. This means that when you’re not located close to a wifi spot you have another way to get on the internet via a bluetooth mobile device.

no new CFW for this, i think

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Cheazy is offline -Hacks Newbie

bluetooth wifi sounds awesome.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Tethering is ONLY for the PSP GO

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Tethering is ONLY for the PSP GO
    yea so new CFW is doubtful. honestly im fine with no new custom fw though. as long as everything i code for the psp works lol

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

loving the Go, I was hoping they'd update it asap for the tethering
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

cyboargninja is offline -Hacks Member

now that i can play newer games, i dont see the need of new cfw atm. this update is only for the go and if they cant hack the go yet, why spend the time on new cfw when something big may be coming out soon? ill be happy for a while. so long the silent hill remake and the new jak and daxter game can be fixed to play on gen, ill be happy.
    my e-penis grows stronger with your hate

add to my rep if ive helped you

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ...BeAkEr... View Post
    loving the Go, I was hoping they'd update it asap for the tethering
    I thought 6.00 gave way for that via Bluetooth?

Wait.. Oh yeah. The PSP GO! isn't recognized by the servers yet.

As for this update, I'll take a look at it. Useful Phat.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I updated to 6.10 a few hours ago Demonchild

The new display when you close the screen is cool, I might have to video it to show you guys later

Having a problem (with initialization command) with the bluetooth mobile tethering, back to the google machine until I figure it out
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

slacker1987 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

That SensMe thing looks fucking nice. If it didn't have the PS logo in that video (posted on the main page), I would never have thought that it would be something for the PSP.

The only thing I can see being an issue would be adding thumbnails. That was confusing for the XMB, and eventually I stopped trying. Hopefully the Media Go thing is a little more user friendly for adding cover art.