Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When can we expect a price drop for the Go?

PSPftw is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default When can we expect a price drop for the Go?

Yeah yeah, I know it was only released today but still - I'm just wondering how long until Sony decides to drop the price by about ~$100 because I am 16 years old and don't have a job to pay fucking 300 dollars.anway...My guess for any drop at all would be around 1-1.5 years. Then they'll be working on a new system ._. PSP2.... D: Anyway, post your opinion on the drop..

Last edited by PSPftw; 10-01-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    PS1 SCPH-100X w/ modchip
    PS2 SCPH-50000 MCBoot 1.7
    PSP 2001 5.0 m33-6
    PS3 slim coming

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

You can't work when you're 16 in canada?

Quote Originally Posted by p0op View Post
    You can't work when you're 16 in canada?
    Legally, I could however, NO ONE will hire me for some reason. Right now the only places that will hire me is full time jobs, and I am in High School, so I can't. I've tried every place I could think of that I would work well in. Staple, Walmart electronics department, The Source, Game Stop, EB Games...etc... It sucks...I could probably work at like, McDonalds...but...for the little money you make, it really doesn't seem worth a Go.
    PS1 SCPH-100X w/ modchip
    PSP 2001 5.0 m33-6
    PS3 slim coming

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yeah, god forbid anyone get stuck in a crappy, miserable job that they hate just to support their paycheck addiction. SO glad I spend my days as a professional Ferrari stunt-driver and secret agent and my nights snorting lines of coke off of the backs of Bunnies at the Playboy Mansion instead of working in a minimum-wage retail hell when the local economy's so crappy that I'd be lucky to have any job at all.

...damnit, ":eyeroll:" doesn't seem to do anything. How am I supposed to convey sarcasm without knowing the eyeroll emoticon!? ;_;
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

Draconian is offline -Hacks Newbie

Dude... get a job at McDonalds, work there for 2 or 3 weeks (which you can deal with, easily) and buy your Go.

It's really not that big of a deal to get a shitty job. The best part about shitty jobs is you can leave at any time and it feels fucking fantastic.

And how would you afford it anyway if it was $200, like you're hoping? If you can swing $200 from some source (allowance or your parents spoiling you or w/e), then you can probably pocket the $200 and come up with another $100 in a short amount of time. If you have $200 you could work a week at McDonald's and be done with it.
    Last edited by Draconian; 10-01-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian View Post
    Dude... get a job at McDonalds, work there for 2 or 3 weeks (which you can deal with, easily) and buy your Go.

It's really not that big of a deal to get a shitty job. The best part about shitty jobs is you can leave at any time and it feels fucking fantastic.

And how would you afford it anyway if it was $200, like you're hoping? If you can swing $200 from some source (allowance or your parents spoiling you or w/e), then you can probably pocket the $200 and come up with another $100 in a short amount of time. If you have $200 you could work a week at McDonald's and be done with it.
    They wouldn't appreciate me going for 1 week I could give it a shot. Although, it would be nice working somewhere more laid back. Electronic stores are where I wanna work. Also, could we get back on the topic please?
    PS1 SCPH-100X w/ modchip
    PSP 2001 5.0 m33-6
    PS3 slim coming

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PSPftw View Post
    They wouldn't appreciate me going for 1 week
    Who cares .... After the week is up tell them that you was offered a job elsewhere that is better suited to your skill set.

On topic. I'm not sure when a price cut would come . Maybe not this year but perhaps September / October next year in time for Christmas.
    Last edited by jibbz; 10-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Don't work in an electronic store. I did that for 2 and a half years at Circuit City. It sucked....everywhere else except my store. My store was kickass, where I spent a majority of the time at the tech bench playing NES emulators and spent my lunchbreaks and then some in the break room playing guitar hero in the back on an 42 inch LG tv. We had a HD projector back there before that, but the light bulb blew out and everyone was too lazy to replace it. You know what, yeah, work at an electronics store.

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

price dropped $50 in australia for the first week on sale

expect xmas bundles but i'd say they won't drop until after xmas
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Dude, you can't always get the job you want. The places you tried to get a job are places that EVERYONE wants a job at, hence why they hire the experienced people over you. Try a retail job or McDonalds. I started in a restaurant...a little more high end, but I knew people so it was easy.

On Topic: If there is a price drop this year I will go shoot someone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast