Thread: Are (psn)psp games account specific?

dualkatanas is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default Are (psn)psp games account specific?

Ok I will describe this in full, I just got a psp go but When I went to the PS store and tried to download something from the go it says I already have 5 psps activated with my account. Long story short the psp's are unattainable and I had to call sony to deactivate them which leaves me about a week without any games on my new go (cuz they is lazy bastards).

What I want to do is use a different account temporarily and use a psn card to buy some games but once I revert back to my real account can I still play them? This may or may not be a stupid question but recently I downloaded the undead knights demo off the Japanese psn store and installed it on my psp. I then signed in with my real account and it said I couldn't play it. So is that region specific or account specific? Obviously I dont want to buy a bunch of games and not be able to play them when I am signed in to my original profile. (I also have to note the psp gave me some kind of message about changing something when I switched back and forth from accounts, it obviously is the reason I couldn't play undead knights)

Thanks in advance

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

you cant transfer PSN accout stuff to another PSN account

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

It kind of sounds like your not positive what I'm trying to say, so to clarify this is what ill be doing: lets say the temporary account is called azuma and the real account is called dualkatanas. What I will do is sign in as azuma use a psn card to buy gran turismo and download it onto my psp. Whenever sony gets done deactivating the old psps I will then switch back to dualkatanas but keep gran turismo on my memory stick. If I have switched to dualkatanas will it still let me play gran turismo? or will I have to be activated under the azuma account?

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

the stuff azuma buys CANT be give to dualkatanas

azuma stuff is ONLY for azuma

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

It won't work.

The PSP gets activated and linked with the account that you are signed into.

So if you bought Gran Turismo on Azuma, you will have to activate the PSP while signed into azuma in order to launch it.

When you sign into dualkatanas, GT won't launch and when you go to activate the PSP, it will erase the activations for the azuma account. (Which still means GT won't launch)

The same happens with videos when you switch out the memory sticks to other PSPs.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Ok, thats what I figured would happen thanx though.