Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New user of PSP GO

orkuteer is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default New user of PSP GO

Hi,
    I'm not only new to PSP GO but using any PSP for the first time. My PSP GO will arrive this evening. I have many queries but let me put the grave one first :-)

1) Will the old PSP (e.g. PSP 3000) games work on PSP GO?
    2) The only way to get games for PSP GO is the official store?
    3) Which format of Movies be playable by PSP GO

That's it for now I guess.

Thanks

mrrodgersss is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well... Old psp UMDs will not work because sony took the UMD drive off and made it download only. kinda silly if you ask me

as far as i know, they only way to get games on the go is through the official sony store.

as far as the movie formats go, someone can probably help you with that.

Thanks for the reply.
    Well... I searched on internet myself as well and UMD'less feature is kind of silly I agree. There are lots of games out there and you won't like to buy a game again which you already own.
    Getting games from stores only is also not a pleasant idea as sometimes I'd like to test drive a game before I can purchase it. But I'm sure this this thing will evole eventually.
    I guess it should be 3gp or any known format as I hope :-)

how about the software called psp dumper. can i just dump into iso and load it onto psp go? only that I don't know if i can play from iso on psp go..
    Last edited by Demonchild; 10-08-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

First off, don't double post. Just edit your last post.

You can get games from the Sony Store or you can get game vouchers from Amazon or other retails like GameStop. If you want to test drive a game then you can just download the demo, which most games have. Otherwise you could not have tested a UMD anyway.

The PSPgo plays MPEG-4, H.264, AAC, AVI, Motion JPEG, ATRAC, MP3, .Wav, WMA, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF and PNG).

Lastly, you need a hacked PSP to play ISOs and the GO is not hacked yet. You can not play any game not downloaded from the PSN store, bought their or received through a voucher as mentioned above.

T-Jay is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Also, any game bought through the PSP store will be encrypted to that particular PSP. That means you can't play that game on any other PSP except the one that downloaded it from the store.....

One other thing.... I know the PSP Go now supports the M2 Micro Memory Stick. Does that mean it no longer supports the ProDuo ???

This totally reeks of the PS3 ... no backwards compatibility... it's like forget the past... oh and sorry you wasted $100's of dollars, coz you won't get your money's worth from those games on our new PSP Go .... not impressed

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Your game can be downloaded on 5 PSPs. As long as your account is activated on them.

No, the ProDuo is not supported anymore and it sucks, but you have to get over it. The only reason PS3 does not have backwards compatibility is so that they can sell more PS2s

I'll get mine this evening and will give my impressions as a first time user tomrorow.

C4
    C4 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

when you do get it, play around with the analog nub a bit and tell me how you feel about it cos I dont get along with mine, the side of the Go keeps digging into my palm and irritating me. Gongrats on the buy

I got it finally.
    Well the look and feel is of course sleek and attractive. I haven't got Wi-Fi around so downloading some demo's from Sony Stores via PC. I find the speakers not to my liking and the sound coming out is very sub-dued. Will try ear-phones when I buy it.
    The box is almost empty, no acessories included just the console and the charger with multipurpose cable and yes the Media Go CD. I'd have hoped that if I'm paying 481USD the I might have gotten atleast a nice Sony standard Ear Phones and TV cable, but it was disappointment. I ran into following problems:

1) Media Go instantly complaint that a newer version is required to run and therefore had to upgrade it (I saved the downloaded file for future use or may be I can upload it somewhere just in case someone needs it without using internal upgrade feature)
    2) No download to PSP was possible because it said, system software (firmware) has to be upgraded. So Downloaded the firmware (had a great difficulty reading between the lines that PSP GO is called N1000 and I thought they didn't put up the PSP GO firmware yet :-) ).

Well overall my mood is happy having this with me as I said I'm the first time user of any console playing, but I'll have my kid brother review and he's probably more educated in this stuff. Will post further regarding the game play/ Videos/Audios etc.

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

You paid US$481 ???

You been crazy long?

I paid AU$398 and got 4 free games

I'm more than happy with my Go. The analogue nub feels good to me though I do have big hands. GT PSP is absolutely addictive, I have Fifa 10 sitting in my 360 waiting for me to turn it on but GT PSP won't let me...
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast