Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP on PC 64bit

y2butonz is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PSP on PC 64bit

Hey guys, can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial to get me running the display from my PSP (Fat PSP1004) to my PC on Windows 7 64bit. Ive found a few to get it working on 32bit but nothing about 64bit.

Can someone help?

Thanks

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by y2butonz View Post
    Hey guys, can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial to get me running the display from my PSP (Fat PSP1004) to my PC on Windows 7 64bit. Ive found a few to get it working on 32bit but nothing about 64bit.

Can someone help?

Thanks
    i havn't cared enough to try it yet but im pretty sure you have to disable the dumbass driver signing enforcement... restart your pc and keep hitting F8 like your life depends on it till a menu comes up.

Kayot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Its stuff like this that keeps me running a 32bit windows. I'll never get that last gig of ram
    Those who abide by fate, will be happy.
    Those who challenge fate, will be glorious.

PSP Slim 2001 6.60 PRO B10
    ITT Tech is a scam

LateNightLeon is offline -Hacks Smarty

The drivers for the PSP don't work on 64-bit PCs.
    For whatever reason.
    Most likely because, yes, they aren't signed. And, even though PCs give you the option to still install them as-is, they still don't allow the PC to use them. Thus, the only way to use them, is to do what PSPJoke said, and disable the driver signing enforcement everytime you boot up your computer (or anytime you want to use your PSP in said manner).

There is a program out there for this, but all it does is boot it up with driver signing enforcement disabled automatically. (It's kind of funny, too. Because you watch the program change the settings right in front of your eyes every time you restart the computer.) So, it is slightly a fix, but disabling driver signing enforcement opens a huge door for harming your PC. So, do so at your own risk.
    ~Main: PSP: PSP-1001; FW: 5.50 GEN-B2;
    ~Misc: Battery: Sony PSP 3.6v 2200mAh; Memory: Lexar MSPD [8GB], Lexar MSPD [2GB], -MMS Formatted- SanDisk M2 (MG supported) [2gb] (via SanDisk M2 adapter [MG supported])

Thanks for the replies, i found this:

http://www.killertechtips.com/2009/0...ing-windows-7/

Done that now, what homebrew/program is preferred by you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by y2butonz View Post
    Thanks for the replies, i found this:

http://www.killertechtips.com/2009/0...ing-windows-7/

Done that now, what homebrew/program is preferred by you guys?
    Problem is, you've worked around redoing that every time you reboot your computer, yes.
    But, now you have to worry about installing a driver that will royally fuck your computer up.
    Thus, driver signing = security, in a sense.

So, just be careful with what you install.
    ~Misc: Battery: Sony PSP 3.6v 2200mAh; Memory: Lexar MSPD [8GB], Lexar MSPD [2GB], -MMS Formatted- SanDisk M2 (MG supported) [2gb] (via SanDisk M2 adapter [MG supported])

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It's not that sensible a security factor though IMO. If you could only execute MS certified executables on your Windows, sure, it's probably more secure as viruses simply would never execute, but then again, anything hoping to work on Windows would require the developer to pay absurd royalty fees.

True. But, 90% of Computer users out there don't know how to "download smartly".
    So, they download and install shit without even looking at it and saying, "Waiiit a minute..."
    Like the people that blame LimeWire for giving them viruses. It wasn't Limewire, but their own ignorance. They decided to download "amillie lil wayne" (which was not an mp3) because it popped up first instead of waiting and downloading an actual mp3 called "A Milli - Lil Wayne".

So, for those people, disabling driver signing could potentially be a big deal.
    That's all I'm saying really.

Thanks for the concern, but ive been a computer technician for 6 years. Im well aware of the risks, but disabling driver signing is no big deal. Its just something that was built into 64bit to control driver releases (Microsoft take too long to certify them)

Anyway! All is working now.

Link to working footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjcKFQLmIQ

Thanks for the help.

:EDIT: and by the way, if you ever install a 'Dodgey' driver, System Restore is always an option Infact thinking about it, ive never even come across a driver related virus...reason being i suspect most users dont even know what a driver is.
    Last edited by y2butonz; 10-10-2009 at 02:07 PM.

I, too, am a certified computer tech.

But, you are right. Congrats on getting it working, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast