Thread: Install Data on PSP Go - your thoughts?

Logan is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Install Data on PSP Go - your thoughts?

I noticed that several games give you the option to install game data to memory card. Obviously on old PSP it would make sense as UMD is slower. However if you choose this option on the Go, it will save the data to the internal memory. Question is, will it make a difference performing this step, when the game is already in a digital format on the internal memory? My only assumption would be if the game data installed is decompressed for faster access as opposed to pulling it from the game itself. What are your thoughts on the benefits or not as the case may be in performing this step for games on the Go?

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i think it was just easier for the developers to leave the code as is, so the data install option was never removed
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

humansymphony is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ...BeAkEr... View Post
    i think it was just easier for the developers to leave the code as is, so the data install option was never removed
    This^^

If it's already in digital format it doesn't matter. I tried it with the ISO and it basically made a game data file the exact same size as the ISO lol. So it is in fact just ripping the game to your ms for faster reading. Which, if it's already in digital format, is redundant.