Thread: 5.03 Gen-A (Full) or 5.03 MHU ?

cali9dub is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default 5.03 Gen-A (Full) or 5.03 MHU ?

What is the difference between these 2? Is there an advantage to one over the other? Just curious what the deal is....

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

more or less the same. i started using CFW Enabler and stuck to it..Didn't feel the need to change it...
    One suggestion though , if u are use GEN-A stick to GEN-A , shifting to 5.03 MHU from gen is not recomended and vice versa.

cali9dub is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iamafreak View Post
    more or less the same. i started using CFW Enabler and stuck to it..Didn't feel the need to change it...
    One suggestion though , if u are use GEN-A stick to GEN-A , shifting to 5.03 MHU from gen is not recomended and vice versa.
    Do you know what errors occur when switching between the 2? Just curious if they are the same why are there 2 different ones being used?

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Error like black screen while installing either , writing to flash errors ...
    What i meant was, the features are the same, both are temporary, both allow iso's , plugins,homebrew etc
    5.03 GEN-A is developed by the PSP GEN team and CFW Enabler was developed by xenogears and becus

cecil3000 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I use cfw enabler and it enable gen-a. I can run the cfw enabler and get the menu and get the vsh gen-a menu too.