Thread: Expectations over PSP2 (If it ever hit the stores, that is)

Ryushi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Expectations over PSP2 (If it ever hit the stores, that is)

So after seeing how sony is rapid firing at us new psps per semester, all without ground breaking features, i was wondering what are people expecting from the goddamned PSP 2 (Or what ever that thinggy will be called.)

In my case, i was expecting (More like wishing lol):

-Some serious upgrade in the CPU GPU and RAM.
    -Maybe some support over PS2... Wait scratch that.
    (I would be in denial if i really though sony would ever care about backwards compatibility after removing it from ps3 and removing UMDs...)
    -N Wireless
    -A more useful psn store.
    -Better uses for the remote thinggy. (Seriously guys, as it is, its almost as useless as Home...)
    -Dual Nubs! (For f* sake! It ain't that hard to do it!)
    (I would list here the internal storage, but since they already covered that up on the Go! i just hope/expect them to keep that)
    -Serious multi tasking capacibilities. (Because having music only over XMB*, and having it paused every second you open an menu really isn't appealing AT ALL)
    *I know about music plugins, but what about those guys that can't use custom firmwares?
    -A serious web Browser. (Because that NetFront thinggy is just a lame excuse for a browser [S*, even the Hacked Version still is slow! {It barely runs Flash files!}])

Thats pretty much what i would want on the psp2.
    What about you guys? What do you guys expect/wish on the PSP2?

Note: I don't see any reason for a touch screen...

Last edited by Ryushi; 10-17-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: The original post was just pure flamebait. Well, even more than this one...

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

These threads come up all the time but what the hell I'm bored.

Really the 2 big things I want is a 2nd analog and better graphics. A touch screen would also be nice but I dont want Sony to rely on it but instead only use it for appropriate situations. Blue tooth support for many devices would be another. I also want Sony to improve their infrastructure games. I'm sick of seeing games that should have infrastructure but only have adhoc.

Draconian is offline -Hacks Newbie

I would just love it to have 2 nubs and be able to play PS2 titles. (yeah, right =P)

spencer5976 is offline -Hacks Ninja

720p would be nice. Better battery life, maybe 10 to 12 hours.
    God of War PSP 5.50 GEN-D2
    If I helped you please click on my Scales icon

Ryushi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    These threads come up all the time but what the hell I'm bored.

Really the 2 big things I want is a 2nd analog and better graphics. A touch screen would also be nice but I dont want Sony to rely on it but instead only use it for appropriate situations. Blue tooth support for many devices would be another. I also want Sony to improve their infrastructure games. I'm sick of seeing games that should have infrastructure but only have adhoc.
    I'm quite sure that i searched for threads like these, and didn't find any, but maybe thats my incapacibility to search incorrectly due to drowsyness, but anyway...

Yeah, bluetooth sure is an interesting feature, but its already implemented, and i doubt sony would be stupid to remove that later.
    Even if its for cheapening the portable.

humansymphony is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian View Post
    I would just love it to have 2 nubs and be able to play PS2 titles. (yeah, right =P)
    Sony HAS patented a PS2 emulator, and the PSP is more powerful than the PS2. The only real question being would they ever actually put it in the PSP =P and yea, dual nubs would be needed this time around. Especially for R3/L3.

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by humansymphony View Post
    Sony HAS patented a PS2 emulator, and the PSP is more powerful than the PS2. The only real question being would they ever actually put it in the PSP =P and yea, dual nubs would be needed this time around. Especially for R3/L3.
    i think sony actually patented a ps2 emulator for the ps3. if i recall, i dont think the psp is actually more powerful than the ps2.

lolicon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by humansymphony View Post
    Emulating PS2 games on anything besides a PS2 is as hard as fuck but if anyone can do it sony can, I suppose.

humansymphony is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by lolicon View Post
    if anyone can do it sony can, I suppose.
    Exactly. The fact is that they're hard to emulate because there are NO emulators that are actually made by their creators, just amateur coders. If we actually had emulators MADE by Sony, Nintendo, etc. then they would all be running flawlessly.