View Poll Results: Do you like the PSP-GO?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 36.00%
  • No

32 64.00%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Advantages and Disadvantages of the PSP-Go

JoblessPunk is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Post Advantages and Disadvantages of the PSP-Go

hello!
    With the fellow member ...BeAkEr...'s suggestion I would like to start this thread talking about the PSP-GO.

I DO NOT WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A FLAMING THREAD.
    also, I do not want to divide the PSP community, I would just like facts. If you like the PSP-GO then post, if you don't like the PSP-GO then post but please fallow this guide-line:

Do you own a PSP-GO? Y/N
    If Yes, How long?
    If No, what PSP version do you own?

What are your reasons for buying/not buying a PSP-GO?

What makes your current PSP the best for you?

Are you satisfied with your current PSP? What would you liked changed/added?

Experiences:
    (Put any information you would also like to include, build quality, what breaks, whats awkward, what you like, what you don't like, anything and everything you would like to include...preferably at least a paragraph worth of information)
    I will revise this if need be, but I think I made the questions pretty equal. I would also like to re-say, Please don't flame anyone in this thread. I want to know and share with everyone what people think and how they feel about the PSP-GO.

UPDATE:
    I added the poll to this thread. Please vote honestly.

*thank you Demondchild for showing me how to add a poll after a thread was started.

Last edited by JoblessPunk; 10-19-2009 at 07:58 PM.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I will always love my 1000 series. It doesn't have a single scratch on it, dust under the screen, nothing. I've babied that thing since launch and it's still going strong. It's built like a brick and does everything the PSPgo does, minus sliding up and down and doesn't have bluetooth. Until they do something more than just changing the casing for practically the same hardware, I won't bother with upgrading.

JaiaV is offline -Hacks Member

Do you own a PSP-GO? No
    If Yes, How long?
    If No, what PSP version do you own? 2001 TA-085v2

I don't like the way it looks/feels (yes I've played around with one for a few hours just couldn't get used to it it's too small). It's $250 for a system that can only do a few things that my current psp can't. It cannot play UMDs or any of my backed up UMDs, meaning that I would have to re-purchase every PSP game I've ever bought.

It is completely hackable, I can play homebrew and backed up UMDs. I'm not bound to a proprietary download network that can charge full price for a digital download.

I want another analog stick.
    Without a desire to earn knowledge for yourself, you will forever be bound to others for what you need.
    Please add rep if I helped you. psssst...it's the scales

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

You should have posted a poll...

Do you own a PSP-GO? Yes
    If Yes, How long? Since release
    What other PSP version do you own? a 1000 and a 2000

I wanted the portability and 16gb hdd. Blutooth is also nice

The 2000 is hacked, the go has its pros.

Dual analog stick, better media player, more go exclusive features.

Experiences:
    The GO feels like the traditional playstation controller...nuff said.

nyr2k2 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by p0op View Post
    I will always love my 1000 series. It doesn't have a single scratch on it, dust under the screen, nothing. I've babied that thing since launch and it's still going strong. It's built like a brick and does everything the PSPgo does, minus sliding up and down and doesn't have bluetooth. Until they do something more than just changing the casing for practically the same hardware, I won't bother with upgrading.
    My 1001 looks like hell. I've had 4 separate faceplates and it's still in bad shape, haha. The paint has worn off the plate on the edges, the power switch broke off (still usable, just missing), the bottom left screw no longer holds in place affecting the analog nub (recently fixed with super glue, lol) and I'm pretty sure my triangle button is beginning to go.

Yet I love that sucker and will NEVER get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eff View Post
    You should have posted a poll...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoblessPunk View Post
    Crapity crap.
    When I submitted this with a poll I got a "flood" error and posted it without a poll. Is there anyway to add a poll after thread was started?
    I tried and I would still like to add a poll. When I sumited this thread last night I clicked submit and got directed to a page that said "flood" and thats it. I went back and tried to resumit but I got the "duplicate thread" error. I would like to add a poll, but I don't know how to add it after the thread was started.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JoblessPunk View Post
    I tried and I would still like to add a poll. When I sumited this thread last night I clicked submit and got directed to a page that said "flood" and thats it. I went back and tried to resumit but I got the "duplicate thread" error. I would like to add a poll, but I don't know how to add it after the thread was started.
    Its Under Thread Tools at the top of the first post.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    Its Under Thread Tools at the top of the first post.
    Awesome, thank you. I didn't know how to add it after, and now I know.

FS-MangoMan is offline -Hacks Newbie

I like the smaller design of it but the price is the major killer for me. I do love my PSP-1000 and 2000 so there's really no need to upgrade until something that's a major change is released.

Logan is offline -Hacks Smarty

Well as I said in the other thread, this poll is pointless. You already know the outcome, as anyone with half an ounce of logical sense about them would. But I've voted just to humour. For those without that ounce, the majority will vote no. Why? Because the question is being put to the users of a forum that essentially opens enlightens users on the means and ways of opening gateways to piracy on the PSP. The clue is in the website URL. The vast majority of the membership here will have landed here for that reason alone, and please guys, don't insult my intelligence by suggesting that sweeping statement is false. Can the Go be hacked to play pirated games? No. For that reason alone, the majority of users here quite openly announce they still own a phat hackable PSP. No surprises then, that the Go gets a thumbs down. How many would still vote no the moment the Go gets hacked and you can load some of those ISO's on board? I rest my case. But let's for a moment discuss the main two flaws with the PSP at present. Price. UMD digital conversion. Admitedly reasons in their own right to put the Go down. One out of those two you can guarantee will change. Price. That will lower, already has done. The other however, is less likely to change, although it's hoped it will. Again IF those two factors changed, how many would still stick with no? For Sony to sell more of these units, and if they cannot offer digital conversions, then ironically the best outcome for Sony would be for the Go to get hacked. It'd shift units for sure. However software would still be lacking for the same reason it has always done so on PSP. who'll spend money developing software for a console that is so easily hacked and it's games so easily and readily available online? Yo ho ho. Because games suck mostly on PSP is the reason why I own only 3 UMD's. Yes I'd be happier if I could get those converted to digital. But that's a minor setback for me at present. The whole reason I bought a Go was portability. No longer do I need to where a jacket with pockets like buckets. No I can slip my Go in my shirt pocket and not even notice it's there. The same can not be said about it's predecessors or opposition really. Aside from the console itself, I don't need to lug UMDs or mem sticks around with me either. Let's be honest you get the PSPs best games on the internal memory alone! Aside from portability, other factors for me are sound quality - noticeably better then it's predecessors. Control - I find it more comfortable and more responsive. Design - it looks the cats whiskers. And I'm a sucker for shiny good looking gadge. Bluetooth - again I can lug a single Bluetooth headset around for all my Bluetooth enabled gadgets. It suits me and my lifestyle. I work. I get paid. I don't care about it's price. I paid near enough £500 for the PS3 on release. It's price doesn't bother me because I can appreciate the craftmanship gone into the Go. It's a solid sleek machine, which is refreshing to see in any device that has a sliding mechanism. I wouldn't say I was happy with it's price, of course we all want the best for less, but it's not something that bothers me enough to put me off. My main gripe is the UMD issue. But I'm prepared to risk that they will sort it so we can dump our UMD. If they don't then I'll readily admit I'll be longing for the day it's hacked. But to be honest with you, Sony generously gave me four free games from the PSN. So I can't complain too much that I have three UMD gathering dust. Am slightly miffed that two are Star Ocean episodes though but hey ho.

So this poll will have a predictable outcome. It doesn't strengthen anyones argument. Only Sony know the actual facts on figures here, and that is official sales. What I've said here to sum up is that if two factors changed, then the poll would have a very different outcome. And would be more of interest posted here then.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast