Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PhotoFast CR-5400

Flame is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PhotoFast CR-5400

Hi, everyone. I was thinking of buying this, is this thing any good?

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i think its great and its the cheapest method of getting 32gb storage into your psp

MiiKai is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've been using CR-5400 for 3 days now and I'm prestty satisfied with it. I'm using it with 2x 16gb MicroSdHC and works perfectly. I don't notice any slow down in any game I've tested.

A tip I can give you is that keep the card in your psp or in a another safe place because this card is really weak in durability.

When I boot my psp, it takes 0.5-1.5 seconds longer to read the amount memory left.

Kayot is offline -Hacks Smarty

I got one, I don't suggest it. I had problems with it putting the file tables on both cards resulting in duplicate listings. Then it would cut out during saves and would destroy the save game. I lost a perfect FF7 game this way.

I'm now using a Lexar 8gb (Down from 16gb in the photofast ) and it works great. Getting my SDHC cards back was a nightmare all it's own. I had to remove their partitions in dos, then remake them. It was a real pain.

I wish it would have worked like a charm. I liked having 16gb (read as 14gb) of space. It was nice having a whole bunch of games and a ton of music on that card. Now I put two or three games, one movie, and 200 or so music files and it's full. Plus even on sale the Lexar was $25 at Microcenter. The two SDHC cards and the photofast were $44 total, with a 16gb MS Pro Duo being like $107. A real downer to be sure.
    Those who abide by fate, will be happy.
    Those who challenge fate, will be glorious.

PSP Slim 2001 6.60 PRO B10
    ITT Tech is a scam

Flame is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks everyone, I think the jury is still out. Ill just wait to the holidays and hopefully ill find a cheap Memory Stick PRO Duo, if not ill just buy a PhotoFast. SONY really does know how squeeze every penny.

Synthbent715 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I've been using mine for a few years now, Haven't had a single problem yet. i'd say go for it.
    -PSP 1000 now running 5.50 GENb-2 (full)
    -DS Lite w/ EZFV
    My Custom Simfiles: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...u=Synthbent715

cali9dub is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ive got one with 2 sandisk 16gb micro sdhc cards and it works great. No better way to get 32gb. i have 28 games on there so far and never had any problems playing games or saving them. I do, however use an older 4gb sandisk to boot up and then swap for all my games. I actually have several cards...The one you are asking about I use stricktly for games, one for movies and a 4gb one for 50 episodes of the squidbillies...all work great!!

Kayot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Maybe mines defective?
    Those who abide by fate, will be happy.
    Those who challenge fate, will be glorious.

PSP Slim 2001 6.60 PRO B10
    ITT Tech is a scam

cali9dub is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kayot View Post
    Maybe mines defective?
    It wasn't a dreaded fake was it?

Clock Work is offline -Hacks Ninja

i've been using mine for about a year (cr-5400 w/ 2x 8gb) i've encountered almost every error this card can make, and i still think its the best storage solution for the psp.

most problems with the adapter are due to cheap microsd cards and not the adapter itself.

just as long as you get quality micros from a reputable source you'll be ok.

i bought three 8gb micros from ebay 2 were great and one would always corrupt in the psp, but works great in my wii with a sd adapter.

so really its all about the micros you use the cr-5400 always does its job.

the only draw back was mentioned by MiiKai, and its the 1 sec delay it takes to read all that memory on boot.

------------Edit-----------------
    kayot has been complaining about his cr-5400 in every thread on the subject,
    kayot you bought some fake micros,
    you got ripped off and i feel bad for you but its not the cr-5400's fault.

check the Cr-3100 / Cr-5400 Compatibility and Speed Tests for more info without any prejudice or bias
    Last edited by Clock Work; 10-23-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast