Thread: Wrong PSP model?

Troee is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Wrong PSP model?

I have a 3001 and upgraded myself to 5.03, but the ChickHen R2 blank out and then turns off the PSP instead of rebooting it, did I do something wrong?

Should I have used something else?

Also, what's the latest stable version of homebrew OS? That's the stuff to play ISO games right?

Thanks a lot!

(I am a newb at this, so pls excuse me of being so)

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Troee View Post
    I have a 3001 and upgraded myself to 5.03, but the ChickHen R2 blank out and then turns off the PSP instead of rebooting it, did I do something wrong?
    Chickhen is not a 100% thing. So, you might spend awhile trying to get it to work before it gets to load up. However when it does, you'll see a distorted type of image before you psp reboots and thats when you know Chickhen is loaded.

Use this tutorial to use a mod of the Chickhen R2 that enables me to load up Chickhen 100% on the first try.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...d-psp-t246199/

Also, the tutorial will teach you how to install CFW to play ISOs/CSOs as Chickhen is only a Homebrew enabler.
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

this is what you need to play ISO games

How to install 5.03 GEN B

This video tutorial shows you how to install 5.03 GEN B

This is for PSP 3000s or 2KV3 on official firmware 5.03. IF YOU'RE NOT AT OFW 5.03 FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL TO GET THERE.

THIS PROCEDURE USES CHICKHEN R2 TO HOMEBREW ENABLE YOUR PSP. THIS IS VERY RANDOM AND INTERMITTENT. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS TRIGGERING HEN (IE GETTING IT TO FLASH GREEN AND REBOOT IN THE VIDEO) THEN YOU COULD LOOK AT ALTERNATIVES TO TRIGGERING HEN. THESE PROCEDURES MAY GIVE BETTER SUCCESS RATES

Tips for triggering hen - option 1

Tips for triggering hen - option 2

Instructions
    1. Download the required files(s)

5.03 GEN B Download

5.03 GEN B Download Alternative

chickHEN R2 Download

2. Follow the video below