Thread: Is this normal?

Vegeta is offline -Hacks Newbie

Question Is this normal?

I used to have a PSP 1000 (Phat) back in 2006 but sold it in 2007. I just picked up a brand new PSP 2000 Slim & Lite (Piano Black) from a local shop that was getting rid of over 200 of them as they used to give them for free with mobile phone contracts but not anymore. They were old stock from around early 2008 so are completely hackable.

Now, I'm really OCD about keeping my stuff scratch free etc but the first thing I noticed about the Slim was that it felt cheap compared to the Phat.

The plastic on the back of the console is so damn cheap that it has very small bubbles in some places when viewed in direct and slightly indirect light like car rust. Is this normal? It IS my first time handling a slim PSP.

My $10 piano black keyboard looks better than this!

Last edited by Vegeta; 11-20-2009 at 04:31 PM.

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I used to have a PSP 1000 (Phat) back in 2006 but sold it in 2007. I just picked up a brand new PSP 2000 Slim & Lite (Piano Black) from a local shop that was getting rid of over 200 of them as they used to give them for free with mobile phone contracts but not anymore. They were old stock from around early 2008 so are completely hackable.

Now, I'm really OCD about keeping my stuff scratch free etc but the first thing I noticed about the Slim was that it felt cheap compared to the Phat.

The plastic on the back of the console is so damn cheap that it has very small bubbles in some places when viewed in direct and slightly indirect light like car rust. Is this normal? It IS my first time handling a slim PSP.

My $10 piano black keyboard looks better than this!
    Hmm, I only have a psp 3000 but I've handled a lot of psp 2000s..

Anyway, I dont think its normal to see small bubbles in the plastic of the psp IF ITS NEW.

Its probably got mold(? o.o) growing on it or something else.. (This is what my friend told me correct me if I'm wrong) you did say that it was old stock from last year..

Its either that or your psp casing is not original? o.o
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

Gameunreal is offline -Hacks Newbie

Sounds like a manafacturing defect, try taking it back.

Argeoff is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Gameunreal View Post
    Sounds like a manafacturing defect, try taking it back.

I have a 2000 , and it didn't happen to me (although i have a blue one)

bud
    bud is offline -Hacks Newbie

I was going to get a 2nd hand 2000 from a game store. Until i found a 1000 phat in the shop window of a sony center that hadn't been touched. Sure it's heavyer but it felt better made than the slim. Got the phat straight away.