Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to remove scratches from the screen

pbHacker is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default How to remove scratches from the screen

Hi,
    Can some please tell me how I can remove scratches from my PSP screen?

Is there is something I can buy liquid that can help?

mandeng159 is offline -Hacks Newbie

use brasso or silvo

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pbHacker View Post
    Hi,
    Can some please tell me how I can remove scratches from my PSP screen?

Is there is something I can buy liquid that can help?
    o.o Liquid?

You didnt have a screen protector on your psp screen?

If those scratches really bother you, my advice is to get a new screen but after that apply a good screen protector on top of it to protect your new screen.
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Go with mandeng159's recommendation of brasso.

It's primarily used as a metal polish and to remove scratches from watch crystals, but it will make a PSP look like new.

Just be careful not to get any around the buttons or any indentations in the casing when applying it. Use a small non-abrasive cloth and just apply a small amount.

Brasso is slightly abrasive, so it will sound like your scratching the hell out of your screen while applying it.

Use a very bright light source so you can see all of the scratches. Use a circular motion with a little pressure.

After applying it let it dry for a minute or two, and then use a clean cloth to buff the screen.

I have used it before and it works wonders.

It will make your PSP look brand new and shiny. You can even remove scratches from the casing with it.

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post

It will make your PSP look brand new and shiny. You can even remove scratches from the casing with it.
    This I HAVE to try.
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

It's primarily used as a metal polish and to remove scratches from watch crystals, but it will make a PSP look like new.

Just be careful not to get any around the buttons or any indentations in the casing when applying it. Use a small non-abrasive cloth and just apply a small amount.

Brasso is slightly abrasive, so it will sound like your scratching the hell out of your screen while applying it.

Use a very bright light source so you can see all of the scratches. Use a circular motion with a little pressure.

After applying it let it dry for a minute or two, and then use a clean cloth to buff the screen.

Thanks Oyabun for your reponse. I will give a try : )

I posted something earlier about clean the buttons. Seems like the L/R buttons are a bit clogged up. Seem to be sticking. Have you tried cleaning the buttons? If so, what would you advise?

Thanks again.

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Thanks Oyabun for your reponse. I will give a try : )

I posted something earlier about clean the buttons. Seems like the L/R buttons are a bit clogged up. Seem to be sticking. Have you tried cleaning the buttons? If so, what would you advise?

Thanks again.
    open your psp, the L and R buttons come right out and you can clean them however you want. (i burn the hell out of them with scolding water)

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke View Post
    open your psp, the L and R buttons come right out and you can clean them however you want. (i burn the hell out of them with scolding water)
    I guess you mean like the reply to the link I posted earlier here:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f117...3/#post1274080

I just dont like taking handheld consoles apart. Always something goes wrong - remembering past nintendo DS : (

Right, I got the brasso. Not much instructions on the tin but I followed what you said. I havent tried it on my psp but I have tried it on my watch and ipod. Maybe I am applying it wrong but it doesnt feel like it is scratching the surface when I apply it!

What I am doing wrong?

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Right, I got the brasso. Not much instructions on the tin but I followed what you said. I havent tried it on my psp but I have tried it on my watch and ipod. Maybe I am applying it wrong but it doesnt feel like it is scratching the surface when I apply it!

What I am doing wrong?

Make sure you shake the can thoroughly before using it.

Brasso is a slightly abrasive polish.

It's not like your rubbing steel wool on the surface.

You would probably feel the abrasive action more on a plastic surface then you would on a watch crystal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast