Thread: Let's see whether I've got it right

wohlertine is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Let's see whether I've got it right

Hi,

I've read through several threads here in the last couple of hours. I know want to know whether I've got it right.

I'm about to purchase a PSP 3000. It's the latest model and - considering the hardware - the best one.

However it is not fully hackable yet, and it may be that this won't happen anymore .

But it is possible to make use of some exploits using chickhen in order to get 5.03 gen-b working on it, as long as you have a OFW 5.03 or lower. Is this correct so far?

Furthermore it is then possible to use GEN 5.03, but as soon as you power off the device (or the battery dies), you have to begin the procedure from the very beginning.

I haven't yet fully understood whether it is possible to play ISO/CSO games with GEN 5.03, because some sites tell you that it is not possible to play ISO/CSO games with GEN 5.03, while others tell me the opposite . So I guess it is possible at all, isn't it?

Additionally I would like to know whether there is an overview of all the different CFWs which exist, especially the differences. I quite don't understand the differences between GEN 5.03a and GEN 5.03b, and I would like to have some history of the different CFWs, especially the changelogs would be interesting for me.

I hope my question are not too annoying and worth to be answered. I really read through the whole bunch of tutorials, but its quite hard to get started when you have absolutely no idea of the matter.

Best regards!

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wohlertine View Post
    But it is possible to make use of some exploits using chickhen in order to get 5.03 gen-b working on it, as long as you have a OFW 5.03 or lower. Is this correct so far?
    Yup.

Furthermore it is then possible to use GEN 5.03, but as soon as you power off the device (or the battery dies), you have to begin the procedure from the very beginning.
    Yup.

I haven't yet fully understood whether it is possible to play ISO/CSO games with GEN 5.03, because some sites tell you that it is not possible to play ISO/CSO games with GEN 5.03, while others tell me the opposite . So I guess it is possible at all, isn't it?
    Its totally possible.
    Whatever sites which told you is not possible are misinformed.

Additionally I would like to know whether there is an overview of all the different CFWs which exist, especially the differences. I quite don't understand the differences between GEN 5.03a and GEN 5.03b, and I would like to have some history of the different CFWs, especially the changelogs would be interesting for me.
    5.03 GEN-A:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/06/06/...-the-psp-3000/

5.03 GEN-B:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/11/01/...en-b-released/

P.S. 5.03 GEN-C is due to be released in 1-2 hours time.
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

Ok, thanks for your fast and competent reply, had thought that there will come up some "read this or that, n00b" answer .

Don't know whether this is quite the right moment to ask, when 5.03c is about being released, but why is the gen team basing their latest cfw on 5.03, rather than using the latest ofw?

Do you (or anybody else) know what chances I have to get a PSP 3000 with the right firmware? Are there any numbers floating around? I have some quite good offers for 120 euros (175 dollars), but I don't know whether these are a form of discontinued models, or whether they are brand new (meaning flashed with the latest firmware ).

I guess I'll have to ask the salesman, although he probably won't know it either .

Btw: By looking at your signature, which says "PSP: 3001 aka Brite - 5.03 OFW ----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 ----> 5.03 GEN-B (Full) ", you mean the way I mentioned above, do you? The "full" does confuse me a little bit, but its full in the sense mentioned above, isn't it? So when you power off your device (or your battery dies), you'll have to redo some of the work, won't you?

Thanks, anyway.

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Ok, thanks for your fast and competent reply, had thought that there will come up some "read this or that, n00b" answer .
    I lol'd. And noobs these days dont even do research unlike you.

Don't know whether this is quite the right moment to ask, when 5.03c is about being released, but why is the gen team basing their latest cfw on 5.03, rather than using the latest ofw?
    There is no known working exploits to run CFW on OFW 5.03 and above on the PSP 3000.
    Hence the GEN Team is making CFW updates on the exploitable OFW.

Do you (or anybody else) know what chances I have to get a PSP 3000 with the right firmware? Are there any numbers floating around? I have some quite good offers for 120 euros (175 dollars), but I don't know whether these are a form of discontinued models, or whether they are brand new (meaning flashed with the latest firmware ).
    If you can take a look at the box you can indetify what firmware version the psp has using this thread:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f117...-here-t250469/

Btw: By looking at your signature, which says "PSP: 3001 aka Brite - 5.03 OFW ----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 ----> 5.03 GEN-B (Full) ", you mean the way I mentioned above, do you? The "full" does confuse me a little bit, but its full in the sense mentioned above, isn't it? So when you power off your device (or your battery dies), you'll have to redo some of the work, won't you?
    Thats just what it says in the system software in XMB - Settings - System Settings after you're in GEN-B.

After i power off or my battery dies I'll have to redo ChickHEN R2 and GEN-B.
    Last edited by zafz; 12-15-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

Ok, thanks again, I'll go to the store tommorrow and will look it up again. Maybe I'll be lucky, although this would be too great .

Btw: I've just reputated you positively .