Thread: Am buying a new PSP 3000/2000...want to hack and need advice

uzumaki_1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Talking Am buying a new PSP 3000/2000...want to hack and need advice

Hi there,

Am new to this forum and website.
    Am currently selling my old Nintendo DS Lite as I am bored with the games and the tons and tons of things you can do on it (yeah right) !!!!

Am going to be buying a PSP 3000 and will want to "hack it" so that I can play downloaded games ! I've been looking at loads of forum posts on here and other psp forums and am overwelmed by some of the situations your PSP needs to be in to be hackable, i.e. right motherboard, software has to be between certain firmware numbers, the 3000 model isn't full hackable (cud be wrong). Anyways I just wanted to get peoples opinions on what the situation is on the hacking scene...shud I get the 3000 model or the 2000 because its fully hackable ? Is it easy for a n00b to brick ther PSP on ther first go...can this be prevented by backing up the original firmware and re installing, is there anything I can look out for to make sure its got the right motherboard before I buy it ?

I know its alot of questions and people don't like that but am new and just wanna get my head round it. Put it this way, I wont get the PSP if the risks are too great to hack the 3000/2000 model because the last thing i want is to brick up the thing on day one. Unless there are ways to sort that out.

To the Mods am sorry if this might be in the wrong section...not 100% on where it shud go!

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

Note : All my guides are outdated.

uzumaki_1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yeah I've read your post. Its actually the one that got me thinking and made me ask more questions. I got confused as to which one to get...so many pros and cons. Which would you reccomend for someone whos buying there first PSP ?

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

Definitely a 1000 or a 2000 with a fully hackable motherboard
    Note : All my guides are outdated.