Thread: Yay story time :D

bubbasider is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Yay story time :D

Short story but I guess there is a question involved.

I bought a PSP phat from my local game exchange and everything was cool. It even came with a custom analog stick someone slapped in there. Everything in the store is pretty much used. I ended up deciding to take it back after hacking it because I wanted a, slimmer, PSP.

So I went there today and grabbed a white PSP 2000, praying that it was a Ta-88v2. I asked the man behind the counter to plug it in and let me see the firmware >. Lucky enough, it was a 5.03 I quickly purchased it and was excited to play my new game Monster Hunter Freedom United on it. (Another reason I actually got the slim was because the analog stick was more trouble than it was worth. Was a constant pain for games not using an analog stick)

Anyways, I loaded up Monster Hunter at home and found out, hey...the analog stick makes you move...hey...my analog stick doesn't move down. Naturally I started to feel very dumb at this point to waste my time hacking it, let alone buying it! before seeing if the buttons felt weird.

My questions are - Is there a way to hack it so I can make the d-pad my movement control? Or should I maybe look inside and see if the problem is fixable myself? Or take it back It doesn't stick...just it doesn't work =[

Thanks for all the tutorials help here at Psp hacks btw =]

New PSP Phat 12-27-09

2.50 -> 5.30 -> 5.50 GEN-D3

Nightmare-Rex is offline -Hacks Smarty

id take it back and if its 5.03 (refurbished) its probbalty TA-90 V1 (hackable) but Ive hered rumors that its a pice of junk mobo that sony slapped together with junk parts.

Do you mean if the new one is refurbished? I'm not too worried since I'm 2/2 for hackable PSP's from the exchange place.

The slim was a TA-85 lawl I was worried for no reason at all. Either way are you saying to just take it back and get another one? I hope they have white ones left =[
    New PSP Phat 12-27-09

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

You could buy a new analogue stick http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24892

Thanks both of you!
    New PSP Phat 12-27-09

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

Yeah , joysens does the job for analog stick problems
    if your problem is non response from the analog to down direction , then try increasing the sensivity of the analog
    Note : All my guides are outdated.