Thread: Curious how it all works

Rindaman is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Curious how it all works

Not to be a pain in the ass, but anyone can follow an online tutorial and install CFW. This is probably why so many questions arise on forums like these as the majority of us just do it without questioning why. Soooo many issues and "OMFG HELP ME!"s on iPhone jailbreak sites all because most of the people that do it have no business doing it in the first place. I'm probably one of those of those people...

Anyway, I'm basically just curious as to how it works. You certainly don't have to go into great detail, but maybe if someone could simply put into laymans terms how a .bin on the root of a memory stick, 5 colored images, and a .tiff can enable a PSP to be flashed for starters.

If there's a place where this is already stated, a link would do just as well.

Thanks!

psychobadger is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

If you have some knowledge of how computers work this should help you understand a bit more
    http://wololo.net/wagic/2009/10/10/l...-psp-firmware/
    http://wololo.net/wagic/2009/03/11/f...ts-on-the-psp/

Rindaman is offline -Hacks Newbie

Good reads, thanks for the links. That's a great start. I also found a few articles concerning the GTA exploit which shed a little light on the subject.

psychobadger is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

If you're into coding its possible to get the source for an old cfw by team wildcard i think its 3.40Le or leaked edition its interesting to see how it all comes together