Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I keep waiting and having hope for the PSP Go to be hacked?

dude its TLR is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Should I keep waiting and having hope for the PSP Go to be hacked?

So I got a PSP Go some months back... with the original plan being to wait until it gets hacked, then replace my CFW'ed PSP-2000 with a sexier, slimmer, PSP Go... and fully ready to take advantage of that potential 32GB memory.

We've seen Team Typhoon's cockteasing, and Freeplay's efforts all leading to seemingly good news that... just doesn't seem to ever take off... and of course this EBOOT loader that's apparently... near ready to release? I could work with that if something, anything would just happen so show some sort of progress.

OFW 6.20's here, and Sony's jabbin it into everything they can get it in... so my question is... is there enough progress on PSP Go hacking to warrant me waiting any longer? ...or even a place where I can check up on how Freeplay's 6.10 EBOOT loader is going? ...or should I just give in and update the Go?

Last edited by dude its TLR; 01-16-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Well, seeing as it hasn't been too long. No news is good news if you know what I mean... As long as Sony doesn't find out about anything on prgress before it gets released you'll be fine. My opinion would be to hold onto that Go and wait for a while ;D

You never know. Someone might crack it.
    Potato.

dude its TLR is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron*1 View Post
    Well, seeing as it hasn't been too long. No news is good news if you know what I mean... As long as Sony doesn't find out about anything on prgress before it gets released you'll be fine. My opinion would be to hold onto that Go and wait for a while ;D

You never know. Someone might crack it.
    It's already been cracked.

...and Sony's already found out their fair share of the deal, and apparently that led to Mercury being patched to require a 6.20 update (since that was the game the PSP Go 6.10 exploit was based on).

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Just wait, there will be some kind of hack. There is always away to hack something, you just need to wait for the hack to be discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by dude its TLR View Post
    It's already been cracked.

...and Sony's already found out their fair share of the deal, and apparently that led to Mercury being patched to require a 6.20 update (since that was the game the PSP Go 6.10 exploit was based on).
    I mean properly, so that Sony updating it at the speed of light won't save them...
    Potato.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

This looks oddly familiar. Just give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by godini View Post
    I need help getting games and software to help on my PSP which has been updated to v1.51.
    javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
    Shocked
    I have a load of programs, including:textviewer,
    arkanoid, tetris, doom and quake, calendar, chess and the avi-viewer, but hae non idea what i'm doing and how to make them work on my PSP.

Help! I'd be very gratefuljavascript:emoticon('ops:')
    Embarassed

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    1.51 cannot run any homebrew to my knowledge. sorry but your gonna hafta be patient and wait for it to be cracked
    Last edited by Organized_Chaos; 01-17-2010 at 02:05 AM.

spibix is offline -Hacks Smarty

Sorry dude you will must wait..the 3000 psp with ofw 5.03> still cant be hacked..pspGo also..so patience =)
    Proud Owner:PSP 2000[18gb](TA-088 V1)[5.50 Gen-D3]
    Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

viper001 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm in the same situation, but patience really is the key here...

Sooner or later it's going to be cracked, but if I were to estimate, it would at least be a year -- if not more. Think about it, sony completely controls what games you can buy for the Go, so at will they can block the download of any game that has a known exploit. Let's not forget that the battery is internal so you can't use the pandora method.

It's best just to forget about it for a while. If it ends up being cracked in the distant future, you'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by viper001 View Post
    I'm in the same situation, but patience really is the key here...

Sooner or later it's going to be cracked, but if I were to estimate, it would at least be a year -- if not more. Think about it, sony completely controls what games you can buy for the Go, so at will they can block the download of any game that has a known exploit. Let's not forget that the battery is internal so you can't use the pandora method.

It's best just to forget about it for a while. If it ends up being cracked in the distant future, you'll know.

Which is why we hope that if someone finds an exploit they don't tell freeplay about it... :O did I say that out loud? Oh, sorry...

;D
    Potato.

metaldickdoom1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

check out this thread and the youtube vid inside
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f118...video-t250491/

"Hackable : No. Well , Davee did make a homebrew enabler for it , it's 6.10 typhoon , but he said he won't ever release it"

Very fucking good question, but i still dont like the way the GO feels compared to slim lol...

hope my shit helped

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast