Thread: Team M33... Is it really over?

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Default Team M33... Is it really over?

Well, the time has come. For I, a very strong fan of the M33 firmwares, my faith has wavered.

And why would this be so?
    Because of GEN's constant updates? Because I noticed today that DAX's website is down for maintainance and still has Copyright 2009 emblazoned on the page? Is blood pooling at the back of my brain causing me to see life from a differnt point of view. The French point of view?

Nope.

It's actually because yesterday, after touching my PSP for the first time in months and today thinking to myself "Wow, I now know just about NOTHING about the PSP scene anymore" I realized the last update to the M33 legacy was on the fateful 20th of January 2009.

It was about six or seven months ago I did some cognitive thought processing, when I first heard of DAX's "break" from the PSP scene. I had reasoned that I would wait a while, actually no. I would wait as long as it takes for DAX to come back to us, his loyal fans with a stunner of an update, for he was the king of the PSP, but now, as I look at the forums I see "GEN for the impeccable winnage, my good chums" and "ChickHEN" whereas I previously, in my days of yore, would have seen "Dark-Alex is awesome, guise " and "5.00M33-6 Released" I realised, he's not coming back, is he? Team M33 is dead.

And so, I decided I would ask the opinions of you all, of the people new and old:

Should I go to GEN?

Tl;dr for the lazy bastards: Almost a year on from the last M33 release. Should I keep my faith and wait it out that little bit longer or should I emmigrate to GEN?

Last edited by Aaron*1; 01-16-2010 at 11:17 PM.
    Potato.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Go to GEN. I was hesitant at first but I really have no issues with it. Works just as good as M33 ever did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    Go to GEN. I was hesitant at first but I really have no issues with it. Works just as good as M33 ever did for me.
    Are there many positives?

Is it gonna be like updating from 3.70? Save files from before then got messed up.
    Potato.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Yes the save files can possibly become corrupt. I've done one upgrade where they didn't and two where they did. That is if you go to 5.50 GEN-D3. Try going to GEN-D2. Back the save files up on your computer, if they are corrupt revert back to a lower firmware (GEN-C for example) and copy them back to the memory stick.

Argeoff is offline -Hacks Ninja

U should definitely upgrade ..
    It allows to play most of the new games

Oh.. and It appears Yoshihiro will not be releasing anymore custom firmware updates too *CLAP CLAP*

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f117...dates-t254055/
    Proud Owner : PSP 2000, Fully hackable mobo, 5.50 GEN-D2, 5.50 GEN-D3
    Fan Of One Piece, Chopper !!!

It's been a while since I last had anything to do with PSPs and the last game I bought was Patapon 2 and I never even played it but I've decided I'm gonna update and get back in the scene ;D

There isn't any need to direct me as to what I actually have to do though, I CAN read tutorials

Thanks for the advice

Oh and off-topic: Do you watch Fringe, Chaos?
    Potato.

Argeoff is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by organised-chaos View Post
    which chaos? there's 2 of us :p
    I believe he is referring to the other one haha.. the one with the fringe avatar

Btw Fringe is a real awesome show , although i dun really like season 2, Dear Walter is too sad ...
    Proud Owner : PSP 2000, Fully hackable mobo, 5.50 GEN-D2, 5.50 GEN-D3
    Fan Of One Piece, Chopper !!!

Woah, I didn't notice you two had the same name, lol.
    Yeah Walter's too sad now...
    Potato.

-Flash- is offline -Hacks Neophyte

stay with m33!
    memory stick speed increase <3

yeah yeah, fatmsmod for Gen-D is out, but some games loaded slower and i had some troubles with some PSX games.

Not to mention IRShell, you gotta have IRShell!
    Phat 1004 *4GB* CFW:5.50 Gen-D2
    Plugins:dayviewer, ultimate vshmenu, hold+, game categories.

Quote Originally Posted by -Flash- View Post
    stay with m33!
    memory stick speed increase <3

yeah yeah, fatmsmod for Gen-D is out, but some games loaded slower and i had some troubles with some PSX games.

Not to mention IRShell, you gotta have IRShell!

The gimmicky-ness of IRShell shone through for me more or less after I first got it... Slims don't have IR and the only thing I find useful is the UnRAR-er and UnZIP-er and only because I managed to completely make the compilation of popsloader files without using a computer...

For file management I have Filer.

I still haven't bothered to update yet though. I'm not in any rush. Maybe if a good game comes out I may update. Otherwise I'm okay to play through FFVII for the 31st time on 5.00M33-6 (I enjoy doing challaenges ).
    Potato.